To Register for Online Bidding
Deadline to register for Bidding Online: Wednesday, August 16, 2023 at 12:00 PM ET
Click to Register for Online Bidding
This will take you to Murray Wise Associates LLC
On this page “Click Here to Register for Auctions” – This will create an account.
Login and then select
Register 08/17/2023 A1018: 282 Acres Offered in 13 Tracts (Online Bidding)
Confirm the Terms & Conditions for this Auction.
5 minute drive to the Appalachian Trail
Tiny homes allowed on permanent foundations
Tract 1: 4.31± Ac. Great building site and farm field, little piece of woods and McKee Branch frontage, Charles Nolen Road frontage
Tract 2: 4.82± Ac. Great building site, all open land, McKee Branch frontage, Charles Nolen Road frontage. Big mountain views
Tract 3: 9.66± Ac. Open and wooded land, amazing views, Feldspar mineral digging hole, McKee Branch frontage; US Hwy 64 frontage
Tract 4: 4.21± Ac. Old log cabin, wired for generator, galvanized fireplace, cement/block flue, Ashley wood stove, Jackson Furniture wood cook stove; 2 American Chestnuts (blight free), open and wooded land, spring fed by gravity, pond, McKee Branch frontage. A must-see tract
Tract 5: 15.67± Ac. Ever flowing spring, nice Appalachian forest of growing timber with tons of potential for building. McKee Branch frontage
Tract 6: 7.39± Ac. Ever flowing spring, prime cabin site, open and wooded land. Lots of wildlife and good hunting
Tract 7: 10.91± Ac. Old cabin with oil lamps and good stone fireplace, spring, growing timber and seclusion, McKee Branch frontage
Tract 8: 7.20± Ac. Ever flowing spring, mostly wooded with a little open land, nice cabin sites
Tract 9: 20.2± Ac. Beautiful Mountain Tract, wonderful Appalachian Hardwood forest of growing timber.
Tract 10: 27.23± Ac. Some McKee Branch frontage and spring-fed branch with premium building sites, trails and excellent hunting
Tract 11: 44.53± Ac. Beautiful tract of hardwoods with a nice long ridge for an amazing cabin site. Great hunting, big views, lots of hiking trails
Tract 12: 51.34± Ac. Mountain paradise here, nice cabin sites, growing timber, elevations up to 3,500’. Lots of hiking trails
Tract 13: 75.1± Ac. Elevations up to 3,500’, awesome mountain property, spring-fed branch through property with growing timber and big mountain views
Offering 14: Income producing cell tower (Cell Tower Lease Agreement)
- 45 year lease: Start date April 24, 2007 / Ends April 24, 2052,
- $750 per month
- $9,000 annual
- Estimated payout $256,500
- GPS Coordinates 35° 8’19.26″N / 83°28’12.51″W
- Minimum start bid $75,000
You can bid on the cell tower lease by itself or if you want the land and cell tower lease together you will need to combine auction tracts 9 and 14 and bid on them in a combination.
For any questions on the lease and the purchase call Jim Woltz 540-353-4582 or Russell Seneff 540-765-7733
Directions to Property
From Franklin, NC: Take Murphy Rd (US 64) West for 6.1 miles make a U-Turn at W Old Murphy Rd onto Murphy Rd East (US 64). Go for 0.4 mile. Property is on the right. Watch for signs. Entrance for tracts 3-10. Continue US 64 E for 0.25 mile to entrance for tracts 9-13 (Love Cove Rd).
Links To Recreational Points of Interest
Terms & Conditions of Auction
- REGISTRATION: Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. Registration begins at 10:00 AM. Please bring a driver’s license for identification.
- AUCTION SALE: All Auction Tracts will be sold subject to seller confirmation of the high bid. All confirmed sales are final. All property is auctioned “AS IS, WHERE IS” with all faults in its condition at the time of sale without recourse by way of refund, reduction of the purchase price, or otherwise. Bidders should perform such independent investigation with respect to the property as they deem necessary or appropriate.
- FINANCING: Your bidding and purchase of the property is NOT CONDITIONAL UPON FINANCING. Be sure you have arranged financing, if needed, and are capable of paying cash at closing.
- LIABILITY: Bidders inspecting property enter at their own risk. Auction Company and Sellers assume no risk for bodily injury or damage to personal property.
- BIDDING: Qualified bidders may bid on individual tracts or any grouping of tracts. The auctioneer will determine all bid increments. All decisions by the auctioneer regarding bid acceptance are final.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS: Announcements on day of sale take precedence over all prior releases, verbal and written, concerning this auction sale.
- BUYER’S PREMIUM: The Buyer’s Premium on the real estate is 5% of the high bid amount. The Buyer’s Premium will be added to the high bid to determine the final sale price.
- AGENCY: THE AUCTION COMPANY AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES REPRESENT THE SELLER.
- REAL ESTATE DEPOSIT: A deposit in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the contract sale price will be required on day of sale. The deposit is payable by cash, cashier’s check, wire or pre-approved personal check payable to Woltz & Associates, Inc. Escrow Account. Personal checks will be approved if the Buyer presents a bank letter stating that the Buyer is a customer of the bank and the checking account is in good standing.
- REAL ESTATE DEED: The real estate will be conveyed by general warranty deed (Auction Tracts 1-8) and special warranty deed (Auction Tracts 9-13) free and clear of liens, subject, however, to any rights of way, easements and restrictions of record. The balance of the purchase price is due at settlement on or before October 16, 2023. There will be no assigning of tracts or deeds between bidders. Tracts will be deeded in the manner purchased at the auction.
- BOUNDARY LINES: Boundaries on aerial photos and topo maps are approximate. Refer to survey for exact boundary locations.
- GENERAL: The information contained in this brochure is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error, or omissions is assumed by the Seller or the Auction Company.
- SOFTWARE & TECHNOLOGY: Woltz & Associates, Inc. reserves the right to reject any bid at our sole discretion. In the event there are technical difficulties related to the server, software, or any other online auction-related technologies, Woltz & Associates, Inc., reserves the right to extend bidding, continue the bidding, or close the bidding. NEITHER THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE SOFTWARE NOR WOLTZ & ASSOCIATES, INC. SHALL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR A MISSED BID OR THE FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO FUNCTION PROPERLY FOR ANY REASON. Email notifications will be sent to registered bidders with updated information deemed necessary by Auction Company.
BROKER PARTICIPATION: Any appropriately licensed North Carolina broker whose agent properly registers the successful high bidder will be paid a 2% commission based upon the high bid, and will be paid at settlement by the Seller. Applications must be on a Woltz & Associates, Inc. Broker Participation Application form and contain the name, address and signature of agent and prospect as well as the Broker’s license number and Federal Tax ID number. The form must be received in the office of Woltz & Associates, Inc. or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12:00 PM, August 16, 2023. Participating Broker must sign the Real Estate Purchase Agreement for winning bid. Agents acting as principals buying on their own behalf, on behalf of family members, other licensed real estate agents, or who represent prospects that have had prior contact with the Seller or Auction Company are not eligible. An agent may register only one Bidder for this auction.
Sale held in conjunction with Murray Wise Associates LLC (NC #C23047 )
- Aerial Photography
- Topographic Map
- Survey Auction Tracts 1-8
- Survey Auction Tracts 9-13
- Covenants and Restrictions Auction Tracts 1-8
- Covenants and Restrictions Auction Tracts 9-13
- Nolen / Slagle Road Maintenance Agreement Explanation
- Road Maintenance Agreement Auction Tracts 3-8
- Road Maintenance Agreement Auction Tracts 9-13
- Cell Tower Lease
- An ordinance of the Macon County Board of Commissioners for an Amended and Restated Macon County Water Supply Watershed Protection Ordiance
- Auction Real Estate Purchase Agreement
- Lease Offering Purchase Agreement
- Assignment and Assumption of Ground Lease Easement
- Title Commitment (Auction Tracts 1-8)
- Title Commitment (Auction Tracts 9-13)
- Title Back-up Documents (Auction Tracts 9-13)
- Memorandum of Lease
- Agriculture, Horticulture, and Forestry Present-Use Value Assessment Brochure (Macon County, NC)
- Present-Use Valuation – Macon County, North Carolina
- Broker Participation Form