356 Acres with 3.2 Miles of Lake Frontage
37 parcels / 29 Lakefront
29 of the best waterfront lots on Smith Mountain Lake.
Large acreage and lots of water frontage.
“Never Before” And Possibly “Never Again” Such an Offering on Smith Mountain Lake!
Auction Tract 1: 14.377± Acres. Nice wooded tract close to the lake
Auction Tract 2: 20.608± Acres. 754′ Water Frontage. Large wooded waterfront property with additional access off Montevista Road
Auction Tract 3: 14.494± Acres. 514′ Water Frontage. Waterfront wooded lot with mountain views
Auction Tract 4: 19.335± Acres, 812’ of waterfront, sandy beach, big water view
Auction Tract 5: 6.763± Acres. 318′ Water Frontage. Big water/mountain view from a wooded lake lot
Auction Tract 6: 5.2± Acres. 326′ Water Frontage. Nice gently sloping lot with big water views, some open land
Auction Tract 7: 5.2± Acres. 455′ Water Frontage. Long water frontage with wide water views
Auction Tract 8: 5.223± Acres. 369′ Water Frontage. Nice gently sloping lot with its own private cove
Auction Tract 9: 5.147± Acres. 615′ Water Frontage. Partial point lot, big water views and lots of water frontage
Auction Tract 10: 5.221± Acres. 917′ Water Frontage. The best of the best over 900 feet of water frontage and big point looking at big water and Smith Mountain
Auction Tract 11: 5.176± Acres. 794′ Water Frontage. Amazing semi point lot, main channel, lots with awesome views. Nice! Nice! Nice!
Auction Tract 12: 5.205± Acres. 779′ Water Frontage. Beautiful waterfront lot with big water views
Auction Tract 13: 5.966± Acres. 838′ Water Frontage. Nice level waterfront lot with gentle slope, open fields and woodland
Auction Tract 14: 7.873± Acres. 551′ Water Frontage. Amazing waterfront lot, wildlife galore and large open field
Auction Tract 15: 12.264± Acres. 667′ Water Frontage. Nice private lake lot feels very secluded. Part wooded and part open fields
Auction Tract 16: 17.032± Acres. 444′ Water Frontage. Great waterfront lot, open and wooded land
Auction Tract 17: 5.187± Acres. 478′ Water Frontage. Open field and woodland area, long water frontage
Auction Tract 18: 5.2± Acres. 559′ Water Frontage. Long view and lovely point lot
Auction Tract 19: 5.372± Acres. 632′ Water Frontage. Great beach lot with amazing view
Auction Tract 20: 5.142± Acres. 1,019′ Water Frontage. One of the best! 1,019 feet of big water frontage!!! And a beach
Auction Tract 21: 5.383± Acres. 834′ Water Frontage. This is the one with 4’ x 8’ banner sign, you have seen it from the water. Another top pick. Mostly open pasture
Auction Tract 22: 5.193± Acres. 862′ Water Frontage. Check out this view for sure. Looking back into Bull Run, mostly open, long waterfront
Auction Tract 23: 5.05± Acres. 488′ Water Frontage. This is a waterfront point lot. Mostly open
Auction Tract 24: 5.15± Acres. 661′ Water Frontage. Great building site and look at how gentle to water it is
Auction Tract 25: 5.2± Acres. 388′ Water Frontage. Point lot with great view up Bull Run
Auction Tract 26: 5.2± Acres. 437′ Water Frontage. Just like 25 an amazing lot with open pasture
Auction Tract 27: 5.196± Acres. 321′ Water Frontage. Nice waterfront lot, open land
Auction Tract 28: 5.3± Acres. 227′ Water Frontage. Nice waterfront lot with gentle slope, mostly open
Auction Tract 29: 8.044± Acres. 220′ Water Frontage. Look at buying this one and add 30 – 31 and maybe 32. Look at what an amazing place you would put together
Auction Tract 30: 18.927± Acres. 764′ Water Frontage. Nice waterfront lot
Auction Tract 31:30.487± Acres. Nice, private, heavily wooded building tract
Auction Tract 32: 31.278± Acres. Nice, private, wooded building tract
Auction Tract 33: 21.92± Acres. Nice building tract on Dillards Hill Road
Auction Tract 34: 15.811± Acres. Nice building tract on Dillards Hill Road
Auction Tract 35: 12.832± Acres. Nice wooded tract on Dillards Hill Road
Auction Tract 36: 26± Acres. 658′ Water Front. 6 Bedroom, 8 Bath Manor Home.
Appalachian Power Company and Franklin Real Estate have decided to offer their beloved Penn Hall Manor to the public. This cherished property will be offered with 26 private acres having 658 feet of water frontage. The Penn Hall Manor was formally owned by the Brown family and was known as the B-Bar-B Ranch. During those years the home acted as the nucleus of the farm, having 6 bedrooms and 8 baths (6 above grade, 2 in basement), commercial kitchen and lots of areas to enjoy the peaceful surroundings. This property is perfect for a wedding venue, event center, corporate retreat or just a quiet, private family compound. There is a large barn also as part of the grounds that could be used for everything from storage to event related uses.
Auction Tract 37: Brick house on 4 acres. This house has 3 bedrooms and 1 bath with a full basement. It is located at the entrance of Penn Hall Manor and would make for a great caretaker/staff home for Penn Hall. This home was used by AEP as office space. This property is being sold subject to a lease to AEP for the following 12 months.
Old Franklin Turnpike (Rte. 40) at Union Hall turn North on Kemp Ford Road (Rte. 945). Go 1.5 miles and turn right onto Dillards Hill Road (Rte. 663). Go 1.6 miles and property will be on the right.
Virginia’s Smith Mountain Lake Has Been Named One Of The Best On The East Coast
Click to View Article
Smith Mountain Lake’s 356-acre Penn Hall tract heading to auction later this year
Click to View Article
Any broker actively licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia whose agent properly registers the successful high bidder will be paid a two percent (2%) commission at settlement by the Seller. Registration must be on a Woltz & Associates, Inc. Broker Participation Application form and contain the name, address and signature of agent and prospect as well as Broker’s license number and Federal Tax ID number. The form must be received in the office of Woltz & Associates, Inc. by noon on Wednesday, December 1, 2021. If prospect attends preview, agent must attend with prospect. Additionally, agent must attend sale and co-register with prospect on auction day. Only the first broker to register the high bidder will be paid a commission. Agents acting as principals, on behalf of licensed real estate agents, on behalf of family members, on behalf of entities in which they hold an ownership interest or who represent prospects who have had prior contact with seller or auction company are not eligible. Only one registered bidder per agent.
Terms & Conditions
1. REGISTRATION: Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. Registration begins at 3:00 PM. Please bring a driver’s license for identification.
2. AUCTION SALE: The property is being sold subject to seller confirmation of the high bid ALL CONFIRMED SALES ARE FINAL: All property is auctioned “AS IS, WHERE IS” with all faults in its condition at the time of sale without recourse by way of refund, reduction of the purchase price, or otherwise. Bidders should perform such independent investigation with respect to the property as they deem necessary or appropriate.
3. FINANCING: Your bidding and purchase of the property is NOT CONDITIONAL UPON FINANCING. Be sure you have arranged financing, if needed, and are capable of paying cash at closing.
4. LIABILITY: Bidders inspecting property enter at their own risk. Auction Company assumes no risk for bodily injury or damage to personal property.
5. BIDDING: Qualified bidders may bid on individual tracts or any grouping of tracts. The auctioneer will determine all bid increments. All decisions by the auctioneer regarding bid acceptance are final.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Announcements on day of sale take precedence over all prior releases, verbal and written, concerning this auction sale.
7. BUYER’S PREMIUM: The Buyer’s Premium on the real estate is 5% of the high bid amount. The Buyer’s Premium will be added to the high bid to determine the final sale price.
8. AGENCY: THE AUCTION COMPANY AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES REPRESENT THE SELLER.
9. LEAD PAINT: The homes in this auction were built prior to 1978 and may contain lead-based paint. A lead-paint inspection may be performed by bidders prior to the auction sale date. Applicable lead paint documents and information are available from Auction Company. Bidders will be provided a lead-paint disclosure prior to signing a real estate purchase agreement and agree to waive the ten (10) day right to inspection after the auction sale.
10. REAL ESTATE DEPOSIT: A deposit in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the contract sale price will be required on day of sale. The deposit is payable by cash, cashier’s check, or pre-approved personal check payable to Woods Rogers PLC, Escrow Agent. Personal checks will be approved if the Buyer presents a bank letter stating that the Buyer is a customer of the bank and the checking account is in good standing.
11. REAL ESTATE DEED: The real estate will be conveyed by special warranty deed free and clear of liens, subject, however, to any rights of way, easements and restrictions of record. The balance of the purchase price is due at settlement on January 18 – April 26, 2022. There will be no assigning of tracts or deeds between bidders. Tracts will be deeded in the manner purchased at the auction.
12. BOUNDARY LINES: Boundaries on aerial photos and topo maps are approximate. Refer to survey for exact boundary locations.
13. GENERAL: The information contained in this brochure is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error, or omissions is assumed by the Seller or the Auction Company.
For Online Bidding Instructions, please contact a sale manager for
“The Shores of Penn Hall” & “The Manor at Penn Hall.”
Russell Seneff- 540-765-7733, Jim Woltz- 540-353-4582, or Kara Ferguson- 540-797-7711