The 361.68 acres of prime undeveloped property consists of 11 separate tracts located in the heart of Prince Edward County, Virginia. The property is only a few miles from historic downtown Farmville and is located just off US Highway 15 (Farmville Road) and only a mile south of US Highway 460. Additionally, the property is only an hour or less drive to Lynchburg, Charlottesville and Richmond.
Manor Master Plan – Residential Sections
Major cities near Farmville, VA
- 48 miles to Lynchburg, VA
- 65 miles to Richmond, VA
- 95 miles to Durham, NC
- 100 miles to Roanoke, VA
- 107 miles to Raleigh, NC.
- 115 miles to Greensboro, NC.
- 120 miles to Norfolk, VA.
- 133 miles to Washington, DC.
- 136 miles to Virginia Beach, VA.
- 169 miles to Baltimore, MD
The current 361.68 acres represents a portion of what was once known as the historic Poplar Hill Farm. Originally an 1,100-acre estate once owned by tobacco tycoon Walter Grey Dunnington, who reconstructed and expanded the original farmhouse into what became known as The Poplar Manor in 1897. The now vacant 8,500 SF Victorian style Manor Home still stands on the property today and is located at the southern portion of the property boundary. Unfortunately, following several decades of neglect, the manor house has fallen into disrepair.
Water & Sewer Available
Water and sewer are available for the development. There is a water tower adjacent to the subject property. A lateral water line currently runs through a portion of this property serving another development known as Fairfield Estates. Additionally, sewer is available and currently has a sewer line that runs through the same area as the water, lateral to a pump station.
The Championship Manor Golf Course adjoins this property’s southern boundary. The Manor Golf Club features a semi-private 18-hole golf course in a spectacular setting and magnificent course layout and come complete with clubhouse.
RPC Zoning and County Requirements
The property resides within the only Residential Planned Community (RPC) zoning in all of Prince Edward County, Virginia creating a unique opportunity for development in the area. RPC zoning offers flexibility in design and development with many options for residential, commercial, civic and office type uses within the property. The guidelines and requirements that govern this zoning type are broad in nature and specifics to the development are ultimately determined by a master plan for development. The original master plan for this property, was designed as a mixed-use development (residential and commercial use). A copy of the RPC zoning is available under “Documents” at the bottom of the page.
Poplar Hill CDA (Community Development Authority) & Annual Amenities Fee Agreement
Property is subject to the Amenities Fee Agreement
FOR GPS DIRECTION USE THE MANOR GOLF COURSE ADDRESS:
872 Manor House Drive, Farmville, VA 23901
FROM NORTHERN VIRGINIA & RICHMOND: Take I-95 South to Powhite Parkway (Exit 79). Take Powhite Parkway to Route 288 (Chesterfield/Amelia), follow Route 288, exit onto US 360 West for approximately 35 miles to State Route 307 and continue 9 miles to US 460 West. Exit 460 at the second Farmville exit (Business US 15 North) Use the right lane to take the US-15 BUS N/US-15 S ramp to Farmville/Keysville. Turn left onto US-15 BUS S/Farmville Rd and go approximately 1 mile to entrance on left.
FROM LYNCHBURG/ROANOKE: Take US 460 E to Farmville. Use the right lane to take the US-15 BUS N/US-15 S ramp to Farmville/Keysville. Turn right onto US-15 S/Farmville Rd go approximately 1 mile to entrance on left.
Title and Title Commitment is provided below for review.
Bidder’s Information Packet with Bid Documents is available by calling 800-551-3588 or David Boush at 540-871-5810. Bidder’s Information Packet MUST be obtained from Auction Company and documents filled out with a deposit included to place a bid on the property. Sealed Bids due Wednesday, October 7, 2020 by 3 PM EDT.
Terms & Conditions of the Auction
- This Auction is being conducted subject to the Terms and Conditions of Sale and the Sealed Bid Auction Real Estate Purchase Agreement.
- BIDDER’S INFORMATION PACKET: Detailed Bidder’s Information Packets containing the Sealed Bid Auction Real Estate Purchase Agreement, title commitment, tax cards, and bidding instructions are available from our office via email, fax or mail order. A Bid Packet MUST be obtained and documents filled out with a deposit to submit a bid.
- AUCTION SALE AND BIDDING: The property is hereby offered by sealed bid auction subject to Seller confirmation. To participate and bid in the auction, your fully executed Sealed Bid Auction Real Estate Purchase Agreement (contained in the Bidder’s Information Packet) must be received by the Auction Company on or before 3:00 PM EDT, October 7, 2020.
- BID BASIS: Bidding is by lump sum bid, not per acre. Your bid will be for the entire property containing 361± acres.
- BUYER’S PREMIUM: A five percent (5%) buyer’s premium must be added to the high bid to determine the total Purchase Price.
- FINANCING: Your bidding and purchase of the real estate are NOT CONDITIONAL UPON FINANCING. Be sure you have arranged financing, if needed, and are capable of paying cash at closing.
- EARNEST MONEY DEPOSIT: A Deposit of ten percent (10%) of the total Purchase Price must accompany the bid either by cashier’s check or wire transfer. Deposit checks must be made payable to “Woltz & Associates, Inc. Escrow Account.” Cashier’s checks will be held uncashed during the bid consideration period. All Deposits on offers not accepted will be returned by mail on or before October 9, 2020. The Deposit for the accepted winning bid will be deposited into the Woltz & Associates, Inc. Escrow Account and held per the terms of the Sealed Bid Auction Real Estate Purchase Agreement.
- BID OPENING: Bids will be opened at the offices of Woltz & Associates, Inc., 23 Franklin Road, SW, Roanoke, Virginia, at 3:00 PM EDT on October 7, 2020. Only the high bid will be announced.
- NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTED BIDS: The successful Bidder will be notified on or before 5:00 PM EDT on October 7, 2020.
- TIE BIDS: In the event of any tie bids, Seller may accept the bid of Seller’s choice, or Seller may elect to allow the tie bidders to make their best and final offer with five (5) business days’ notice.
- REAL ESTATE DEED AND SETTLEMENT: The balance of the purchase price is due at settlement on or before November 20, 2020. The real estate will be conveyed by special warranty deed free and clear of liens, subject, however, to any rights of way, easements, agreements, and restrictions of record.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL: The property is auctioned “AS IS, WHERE IS” with all faults in its condition at the time of sale without recourse by way of refund, reduction of the purchase price, or otherwise. Bidders should perform such independent investigation with respect to the property as they deem necessary or appropriate.
- AGENCY: The Auction Company and its representatives represent the Seller.
- LIABILITY: Bidders inspecting the property enter at their own risk. Auction Company assumes no risk for bodily injury or damage to personal property.
- BROKER PARTICIPATION: Broker Participation is offered for this sale. Call for more information.
- BOUNDARY LINES: Boundaries on aerial photos and topo maps are approximate.
- DISCLOSURES: Any disclosures known by the Auction Company can be found in the Bidder’s Information Packet. Bidders are encouraged to perform their own due diligence before submitting a bid for the property.
- GENERAL: The information contained in this brochure and otherwise provided by Seller and Auction Company is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error, or omissions is assumed by the Seller or the Auction Company.
Documents with numbers are part of the Title Search