Will Be Sold Absolute With Total Bid Over $1,000,000
Real Estate Auction 6/29/23 @ 1:00pm, at Peterstown Middle School. Don’t miss the opportunity to own one of Monroe County’s most sought after farm estates. This incredible 442± property is truly one of a kind, w/3 residential homes, multiple barns & outbuildings, farm & forest roads throughout, & so much to offer from the agricultural & recreational standpoints. Property would make the ideal family retreat or working farm. Lower elevations of the property offer an abundance of pastureland while higher elevations consist of mixed timber & provide beautiful countryside views. Enjoy the seclusion & privacy Monroe County offers, yet feel secure being within 5 minutes of Peterstown, 30 minutes to Princeton, & 45 minutes from Blacksburg, VA. Property to be offered in individual tracts or any combination of tracts. Main house = 1,607sqft; Guest House 1 (2 bedrooms, 1 bath, no kitchen) = 708 sqft; Guest House 2(2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms) = 1,248 sqft.
PROPERTY PREVIEW: June 25th, Noon-3:00pm.
*Hold Harmless (in Documents) must be signed & sent to LA’s office before accessing any of the trails on property. May be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Three Residential Homes On The Property
- Perfect Mountain Getaway
- Pasture & Wooded Land
- Breathtaking Mountain & Countryside Views
- Adjoins Appalachian Trail
- Multiple Barns And Outbuildings
- Quality Fencing Throughout The Property, Including High-Fence Area
- Three Small Farm Ponds
- Koi Pond (Behind Main House)
- Farm Roads And Trails Wind Throughout The Property
- Five Minutes To Peterstown, WV
- 30 Minutes To Princeton, VA
- 45 Minutes To Blacksburg, VA
- 1:30 Minutes To Roanoke, VA
- No Zoning In Monroe County
- Approximately 110 Acres Of Open Land And 350 Acres Of Wooded Land
- Abundant Wildlife
- 2021 Real Estate Taxes = 1,699.21 (Estimated)
- Property In Farm-Use (Discounted Tax Rate)
|5||26.957 (3 residential homes)|
Tract 5 has non-exclusive water rights to spring on tract 6 to existing structures.
Tract 3 has non-exclusive water rights to spring feeding water trough from tract 7.
Tract 4 has non-exclusive water rights to spring feeding water troughs.
Adjacent property owner has non-exclusive rights to spring on Tract 7 along with right to maintain waterline through Tracts 7, 8, 4, and 3.
- Electricity = Appalachian Power
- Internet = Viasat
- Water = Spring (all three houses)
- Sewer = Septic (Main and Guest House #1 combined, separate septic for Guest House #2)
Main Houses (On Tract 5)
- Built in 1996 (According to Tax Cards)
- 1,607± Square Feet
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Large family room with floor to ceiling windows and adjacent space for long dining table.
- Mexican Saltillo tiles with designer-selected wall tiles in the main house kitchen.
- Office with exterior door to exterior stone deck
- Full size washer and dryer
- Additional freezer
- Stone Exterior
- Attached Greenhouse
- Large stone deck with stone grill for entertaining
- Pool adjacent to the house (not in use – liner torn)
- Metal roof
- Central Air
- Heat Pump
- Koi pond
Guest House #1 (On Tract 5)
- Built in 1984 (According to Tax Cards)
- 708± Square Feet
- 2 Bedrooms, one with loft with wooden stairs to loft
- 1 Full large Bathroom
- Living room with two-side exposure
- Metal Roof
- Stone Exterior
- Refrigerator, but no Kitchen
- Wrap around deck
- Propane heat
- No AC
- Spring and Septic hooked up to main house
- Water heater = propane
Guest House #2 (On Tract 5)
- Built in 1996 (According to Tax Cards)
- 1,248± Square Feet
- 2 bedrooms
- Large dining space
- Family room with floor to ceiling windows overlooking pastures and rolling hills
- 2 full bathrooms
- Log siding exterior
- Covered front and back deck
- Propane Heat
- Air = Heat Pump
- Spring (hooked up to main house)
- Water heater = Propane
From Blacksburg: Take US-460 West for 28 miles, turn right onto Old Virginia Ave, in 0.3 mile take right onto Federal St. towards Peterstown, WV. Travel 2.1 miles and keep left onto Market St. In 1.4 miles take right onto Green Valley Rd. Travel 1.6 miles – property is on your right.
|Place||Distance from Subject Property|
|Princeton, WV||23 Miles|
|Blacksburg, VA||37 Miles|
|Roanoke Airport||77 Miles|
1696 Green Valley Rd.
Peterstown, WV 24963
June 29, 2023, at 1:00 PM ET
Auction Location: Peterstown Middle School
5414 Ballard Red Sulphur Pkwy, Peterstown, WV 24963
AUCTION SALE: The Property will be sold subject to Seller’s confirmation of the high bid minimum bid for all tracts $1,000,000. Purchaser will execute the Auction Real Estate Purchase Agreement as required in Paragraph 2. The property is auctioned “AS IS, WHERE IS” with all faults in its condition at the time of sale without recourse by way of refund, reduction of the purchase price, or otherwise. Bidders should perform such independent investigation with respect to the property as they deem necessary or appropriate. Bidding signifies you have read and are in agreement with the terms and conditions of the auction.
- REAL ESTATE DEPOSIT: The Buyer is required to pay a deposit in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the contract sales price and sign an Auction Real Estate Purchase Agreement immediately following SELLERS acceptance of the bid. Buyer may wire funds ($25.00 wire fee), present a cashier’s check or personal check with a bank letter of good standing for the earnest money deposit.
- FINANCING: Your bidding and purchase of the property are NOT CONDITIONAL UPON FINANCING. Be sure you have arranged financing, if needed, and are capable of paying cash at settlement.
- LIABILITY: Bidders inspecting property enter at their own risk. Auction Company and Seller assume no risk for bodily injury or damage to personal property.
- HOLD HARMLESS: The Hold Harmless must be signed and submitted to Auction Company’s office before accessing any of the trails on the property [See woltz.com for Hold Harmless form].
- BUYER’S PREMIUM: The Buyer’s Premium on the real estate is five percent (5%) of the high bid amount. The Buyer’s Premium will be added to the high bid to determine the final contract sales price.
- AGENCY: THE AUCTION COMPANY AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES REPRESENT THE SELLER.
- REAL ESTATE DEED AND POSSESSION: The real estate will be conveyed by a General Warranty deed to be prepared at the expense of the Seller and the cost of West Virginia deed transfer tax shall be borne by the Seller. It is agreed the Property is being conveyed free and clear of liens, subject, however, to any rights of way, easements, and restrictions of record. The balance of the purchase price is due at settlement which shall be on or before August 14, 2023. The contract to purchase is not assignable. Possession of the Property shall be given to the buyer at settlement.
- BOUNDARY LINES: Boundaries on aerial photos, topographic maps, and otherwise, are approximate and are subject to verification by all parties relying on them.
- DISCLOSURE: Adjacent property owner, Tim Bradley, has non-exclusive rights to spring on Tract 7 along with the right to maintain waterline through Tracts 7, 8, 4, and 3. Tract 5 has non-exclusive water rights to spring on Tract 6 to existing structures. Tract 4 has non-exclusive water rights to spring feeding water troughs. Tract 3 has non-exclusive water rights to spring feeding water trough from Tract 7. If any of the Tracts 3-8 sell individually the Road Maintenance Agreement will go into effect. The acreage on our brochure was estimated prior to the completion of the survey and differs slightly from the final plat; please refer to the survey for exact acreage and division layout.
- BIDDING: The bidding is hereby offered to registered bidders only.
- CONFIRMATION: All auction tracts are sold subject to Seller Confirmation.
- GENERAL: The information contained in the brochure, on woltz.com, all advertising, and the Bidder’s Information Packet is subject to verification by all parties relying on them. No liability for its accuracy, error, or omissions is assumed by the Seller or the Auction Company.
- BROKER PARTICIPATION: Any appropriately licensed West Virginia broker whose agent properly registers the successful high bidder will be paid a 2% commission based upon the high bid, and will be paid at settlement by the Seller. Applications must be on a Woltz & Associates, Inc. Broker Participation Application form and contain the name, address and signature of agent and prospect as well as the Broker’s license number and Federal Tax ID number. The form must be received in the office of Woltz & Associates, Inc. or by email at email@example.com no later than 12:00pm, June 28, 2023. Participating Broker must sign the Real Estate Purchase Agreement for winning bid. Agents acting as principals buying on their own behalf, on behalf of family members, other licensed real estate agents, or who represent prospects that have had prior contact with the Seller or Auction Company are not eligible. An agent may register and represent only one Bidder for this auction.
- SOFTWARE & TECHNOLOGY: Woltz & Associates, Inc. reserves the right to reject any bid at our sole discretion. In the event there are technical difficulties related to the server, software, or any other online auction-related technologies, Woltz & Associates, Inc., reserves the right to extend bidding, continue the bidding, or close the bidding. NEITHER THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE SOFTWARE NOR WOLTZ & ASSOCIATES, INC. SHALL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR A MISSED BID OR THE FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO FUNCTION PROPERLY FOR ANY REASON. Email notifications will be sent to registered bidders with updated information deemed necessary by Auction Company.