Appalachian Power and Franklin Real Estate have decided to offer their beloved Penn Hall Manor to the public. This cherished property will be offered with 26 acres and 658 feet of water frontage. The Penn Hall Manor was formerly owned by the Brown family and was known as the B-Bar-B Ranch. During these years the home acted as the nucleus of the farm. When Appalachian purchased the Penn Hall Manor, they made some wonderful improvements and used this property as a training center for a number of years. Now they are offering this property to you at auction. Come bid your price for this lovely home and acreage on Smith Mountain Lake.
Total Bedrooms: 6
Total Full Baths: 8 (6 above grade, 2 in basement)
Entry Above Grd Finished SF: 2,642±
Upper Above Grd Finished SF: 2,641±
Other Below Grd Finished SF: 910±
Total Above Grd Finished SF 5,283±
Total Finished SF: 6,193±
Grand Total Attached SF: 6,193±
Elementary School: Glade Hill
Middle School: Ben Franklin Middle
High School: Franklin County
Any broker actively licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia whose agent properly registers the successful high bidder will be paid a two percent (2%) commission at settlement by the Seller. Registration must be on a Woltz & Associates, Inc. Broker Participation Application form and contain the name, address and signature of agent and prospect as well a Broker’s license number and Federal Tax ID number. The form must be received in the office of Woltz & Associates, Inc. by noon on December 1, 2021. If prospect attends preview, agent must attend with prospect. Additionally, agent must attend sale and co-register with prospect on auction day. Only the first broker to register the high bidder will be paid a commission. Agents acting as principals, on behalf of licensed real estate agents, on behalf of family members, on behalf of entities in which they hold an ownership interest or who represent prospects who have had prior contact with seller or auction company are not eligible. Only one registered bidder per agent.
Terms & Conditions
1. REGISTRATION: Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. Registration begins at 3:00 PM. Please bring a driver’s license for identification.
2. AUCTION SALE: The property is being sold subject to seller confirmation of the high bid ALL CONFIRMED SALES ARE FINAL: All property is auctioned “AS IS, WHERE IS” with all faults in its condition at the time of sale without recourse by way of refund, reduction of the purchase price, or otherwise. Bidders should perform such independent investigation with respect to the property as they deem necessary or appropriate.
3. FINANCING: Your bidding and purchase of the property is NOT CONDITIONAL UPON FINANCING. Be sure you have arranged financing, if needed, and are capable of paying cash at closing.
4. LIABILITY: Bidders inspecting property enter at their own risk. Auction Company assumes no risk for bodily injury or damage to personal property.
5. BIDDING: Qualified bidders may bid on individual tracts or any grouping of tracts. The auctioneer will determine all bid increments. All decisions by the auctioneer regarding bid acceptance are final.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Announcements on day of sale take precedence over all prior releases, verbal and written, concerning this auction sale.
7. BUYER’S PREMIUM: The Buyer’s Premium on the real estate is 5% of the high bid amount. The Buyer’s Premium will be added to the high bid to determine the final sale price.
8. AGENCY: THE AUCTION COMPANY AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES REPRESENT THE SELLER.
9. LEAD PAINT: The homes in this auction were built prior to 1978 and may contain lead-based paint. A lead-paint inspection may be performed by bidders prior to the auction sale date. Applicable lead paint documents and information are available from Auction Company. Bidders will be provided a lead-paint disclosure prior to signing a real estate purchase agreement and agree to waive the ten (10) day right to inspection after the auction sale.
10. REAL ESTATE DEPOSIT: A deposit in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the contract sale price will be required on day of sale. The deposit is payable by cash, cashier’s check, or pre-approved personal check payable to Woods Rogers PLC, Escrow Agent. Personal checks will be approved if the Buyer presents a bank letter stating that the Buyer is a customer of the bank and the checking account is in good standing.
11. REAL ESTATE DEED: The real estate will be conveyed by special warranty deed free and clear of liens, subject, however, to any rights of way, easements and restrictions of record. The balance of the purchase price is due at settlement on January 18 – April 26, 2022. There will be no assigning of tracts or deeds between bidders. Tracts will be deeded in the manner purchased at the auction.
12. BOUNDARY LINES: Boundaries on aerial photos and topo maps are approximate. Refer to survey for exact boundary locations.
13. GENERAL: The information contained in this brochure is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error, or omissions is assumed by the Seller or the Auction Company.
For Online Bidding Instructions, please contact a sale manager for
“The Shores of Penn Hall” & “The Manor at Penn Hall.”
Russell Seneff- 540-765-7733, Jim Woltz- 540-353-4582, or Kara Ferguson- 540-797-7711
- Aerial Photography - Penn Hall Manor
- Topographic Map - Penn Hall Manor
- Survey - Penn Hall Manor
- Disclosures (Lead-Based Paint, Residential Property, Residential Septic System) - Penn Hall Manor
- A-1 Zoning
- Radon Test - Penn Hall Manor (Tract 36)
- Bidder Packet - Auction Tracts 36 & 37
- Title Commitment
- Broker Participation Form
- Online Bidder Registration Form