- Combination of pasture, hay/cropland, and nice wooded land.
- Crab Orchard Creek winds through this picturesque farm
- Short drive to Bedford and Lynchburg
Haywood and Sharon moved back to Huddleston after Haywood’s service in the United States Navy. His dream was to return home, farm the land, raise a family, and retire on his beloved farm. He purchased this land from his grandfather, razed the original house, and raised his family in the home he built. Haywood lived this dream to the fullest. Now their grandson will be keeping the home in the family, and Sharon is offering the remaining 72± acres for someone else to live out their dream.
Additional features in full screen mode
Located just off Highway 24/43. Turn south off Highway 24/43 onto Crab Orchard Road. Turn left on Mentow Drive. Property on left where you cross the creek!
Manuela “Manny” Schabel – Loan Officer| Farm Credit of the Virginias
1356-B American Way Court | P.O. Box 1083 | Bedford, VA 24523
Office: 540.586.2188 Ext. 5812 | Mobile: 540.229.1550 | Fax: 540.586.2189
NMLS # 607336 | MSchabel@FCVirginias.com | FarmCreditofVirginias.com [farmcreditofvirginias.com] | FarmCreditKnowledgeCenter.com [farmcreditknowledgecenter.com]
Any broker actively licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia whose agent properly registers the successful high bidder will be paid a two percent (2%) commission at settlement by the Seller. Registration must be on a Woltz & Associates, Inc. Broker Participation Application form and contain the name, address and signature of agent and prospect as well a Broker’s license number and Federal Tax ID number. The form must be received in the office of Woltz & Associates, Inc. by 12:00 noon on October 22, 2020. If prospect attends preview, agent must attend with prospect. Additionally, agent must attend sale and co-register with prospect on auction day. Only the first broker to register the high bidder will be paid a commission. Agents acting as principals, on behalf of licensed real estate agents, on behalf of family members, on behalf of entities in which they hold an ownership interest or who represent prospects who have had prior contact with seller or auction company are not eligible. Only one registered bidder per agent.
Terms & Conditions of the Auction
- REGISTRATION: Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. Registration begins at 10:00 AM. Please bring a driver’s license for identification.
- AUCTION SALE: The property is being sold subject to Seller confirmation of the high bid. ALL CONFIRMED SALES ARE FINAL. All property is auctioned “AS IS, WHERE IS” with all faults in its condition at the time of sale without recourse by way of refund, reduction of the purchase price, or otherwise. Bidders should perform such independent investigation with respect to the property as they deem necessary or appropriate before bidding.
- FINANCING: Your bidding and purchase of the property is not conditional upon financing. Be sure you have arranged financing, if needed, and are capable of paying cash at closing.
- LIABILITY: Bidders inspecting property enter at their own risk. Auction Company assumes no risk for bodily injury or damage to personal property.
- BIDDING: The auctioneer will determine all bid increments. All decisions by the auctioneer regarding bid acceptance are final.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS: Announcements on day of sale take precedence over all prior releases, verbal and written, concerning this auction sale.
- BUYER’S PREMIUM: The Buyer’s Premium on the real estate is seven percent (7%) of the high bid amount. The Buyer’s Premium will be added to the high bid to determine the final contract sales price.
- AGENCY: The Auction Company and its representatives represent the Seller.
- REAL ESTATE DEPOSIT: A deposit in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the contract sales price will be required on day of sale. The deposit is payable by cash, cashier’s check, business or personal check payable to Woltz & Associates, Inc. Escrow Account.
- REAL ESTATE DEED AND CLOSING: The real estate will be conveyed by general warranty deed free and clear of liens, subject, however, to any rights of way, easements and restrictions of record. The balance of the purchase price is due at settlement on or before December 14, 2020.
- LAND USE ASSESSMENT: In the event, the Property is taxed under land use assessment, and this sale results in disqualification from land use eligibility, Seller shall pay any rollback taxes assessed. If the Property continues to be eligible for land use assessment, Buyer agrees to make application, at Buyer’s expense, for continuation under land use and to pay any rollback taxes resulting from failure to file or to qualify. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, the provisions of this paragraph shall survive settlement and the delivery of the deed of bargain and sale.
- TRANSFER OF TITLE TO REAL ESTATE: The real estate will be conveyed by general warranty deed, free and clear of liens, and subject to all rights, reservations, covenants, conditions, easements, rights-of-way, and restrictions of record, as the same may lawfully apply to the Property, and to all matters which would be disclosed by a survey and inspection of the Property.
- BOUNDARY LINES: Boundaries on aerial photos and topo maps are approximate.
- GENERAL: The information contained in the brochure, on the internet or otherwise, is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error, or omissions is assumed by the Seller or the Auction Company. The mobile home on the property conveys as is. Seller does not have any paper work or documents on this mobile home.