More photos are available in the slideshow. Mobile users swipe left on the photo below to advance. Desktop users click on the dots underneath the photo.
Valuable parcels of real estate located throughout the City of Salem are being offered for sale on behalf of Mark D. Kidd, Special Commissioner. The properties are located in areas zoned RSF (Residential Single Family District). There are no minimum bids. A five percent (5%) buyer’s premium will be added to the high bid to determine the sale price.
Property information is also available on the Real Estate and GIS sections of the City of Salem website – https://salemva.gov/
|Property||Tax Map #||Acreage (±)||Address||Zoning||Assessed Value|
|1||145-10-9||0.16||427 S Market St||RSF||$9,500|
|2||145-1-3||0.28||313 S Broad St||RSF||32,800|
|5||84-1-15||0.24||217 Braxton Ave||RSF||24,600|
|7||160-8-7||0.14||600 Block of S Market St||RSF||21,900|
|9||47-3-8||0.13||700 Block of N Stonewall St||RSF||23,000|
|12||233-3-4||0.24||406 Riverland Dr||RSF||97,900|
|Information in table above was obtained from the City of Salem records.|
Property 1 (Lot – 427 S. Market St.): From Main St. Go South on Market St. to lot on Right between gravel lot and 421 S. Market St.
Property 2 (Lot – 313 S. Broad St.): From W. Main St. go South on Broad St. to lot on right between 317 S. Broad and paved parking lot.
Property 3 (Withdrawn)
Property 4 (Withdrawn)
Property 5 (Lot – 217 Braxton Ave.): From E. Main St. go North on Craig Ave. to Right on Monroe to Left on Braxton to alley between 213 and 219 Braxton to lot behind 219 Braxton Ave.
Property 6 (Withdrawn)
Property 7 (Lot – Corner of S. Market St. and 5th): From Main St. go S. on Market St. to lot on left at corner of 5th St.
Property 8 (Withdrawn)
Property 9 (Lot – 700 Block of N. Stonewall St.): From I-81 go S. on Rt. 311 (Thompson Memorial Dr.) to right on N. Stonewall St. to right on Lee to lot straight ahead between 700 and 704 N. Stonewall St.
Property 10 (Withdrawn)
Property 11 (Withdrawn)
Property 12 (406 Riverland Dr.): From Apperson Dr. near its connection with Colorado St. go right on Riverland Dr. to property on right.
Basic Terms & Conditions of Auction
- REGISTRATION: Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. Registration begins at 9:00 AM. Please bring your driver’s license for identification. A prospective bidder who owns property in the City of Salem for which any local taxes are past due will not be permitted to register or bid.
- AGENCY: THE AUCTION COMPANY AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES REPRESENT THE SELLER, MARK D. KIDD, SPECIAL COMMISSIONER.
- AUTHORITY FOR SALE: The sale is by Order of the City of Salem Circuit Court. All properties will be sold at auction subject only to City of Salem Circuit Court confirmation. The hearings on confirmation of the sales of the properties will be held at 1:30 PM on March 15, 2019.
- TERMS OF SALE: All property is sold “AS IS, WHERE IS” and with any faults. No warranty or representation, either expressed or implied, concerning the property is made by the Seller or the Auction Company. Each potential bidder is responsible for conducting his or her own independent inspections, investigations, inquiries and due diligence with respect to the property as they deem necessary or appropriate. Inspection of the properties is performed at the potential bidder’s own risk. Except for the required Circuit Court approval referenced in paragraph 3, all sales are final. The properties are sold subject to any applicable conditions or easements of record including utilities, construction, sewer, water, storm water or drainage and any homeowners’ associations’ covenants and restrictions.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS: Announcements made on the day of sale take precedence over all prior communications, verbal and written, concerning this sale. Detailed terms and conditions will be provided on the day of sale.
- BUYER’S PREMIUM: A Buyer’s Premium will be charged. The Buyer’s Premium is five percent (5%) of the high bid amount. The Buyer’s Premium will be added to the high bid amount to determine the sale price.
- DEPOSIT ON REAL ESTATE: Immediately following the sale, successful bidders will be required to sign an Offer of Purchase, a copy of which is available from the Auction Company. The successful bidder must pay a deposit in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the purchase price (high bid plus Buyer’s Premium) at the time the Offer of Purchase is signed on the day of sale. The deposit is payable by cash, cashier’s check or pre-approved personal check made payable to Mark D. Kidd, Special Commissioner. Personal checks will be approved if the Buyer presents, at time of registration, a letter from its bank stating that the Buyer is a customer of the bank and that the account on which the check is drawn is in good standing.
- CLOSING DATE: The balance of the purchase price is due within fifteen (15) days following entry of the decree confirming the sale. This is a cash transaction and is not conditioned upon the bidder obtaining financing.
- CLOSING COSTS: The purchaser shall pay any Grantor’s tax and all expenses of recording and closing.
- TRANSFER OF TITLE: The Real Estate will be conveyed by special warranty deed free and clear of all liens, except as noted in paragraph 4 above and current real estate taxes which shall be prorated.
- BIDDER PACKETS: Preliminary Bidder Packets containing assessor’s cards and other information about the properties are available from the Auction Company upon request.
- WITHDRAWAL OF PROPERTY: The Seller may withdraw a property from the sale if the current owner exercises its right to redeem before 5:00 PM on February 18, 2019.
- Property 1 (427 S Market St): Information from City of Salem's Real Estate Property Site / GIS
- Property 1 (427 S Market St): Offer of Purchase
- Property 2 (313 S Broad St): Information from City of Salem's Real Estate Property Site / GIS
- Property 2 (313 S Broad St): Offer of Purchase
- Property 5 (217 Braxton Ave): Information from City of Salem's Real Estate Property Site / GIS
- Property 5 (217 Braxton Ave): Offer of Purchase
- Property 7 (600 Block of S Market St): Information from City of Salem's Real Estate Property Site / GIS
- Property 7 (600 Block of S Market St): Offer of Purchase
- Property 9 (700 Block of N Stonewall St): Information from City of Salem's Real Estate Property Site / GIS
- Property 9 (700 Block of N Stonewall St): Offer of Purchase
- Property 12 (406 Riverland Dr): Information from City of Salem's Real Estate Property Site / GIS
- Property 12 (406 Riverland Dr): Offer of Purchase
- RSF (Residential Single Family District) Zoning Information