Mr. Duffy was a native of Roanoke County and lived his whole life in the Catawba Valley. We will be selling his home which is nestled between North Mountain and Catawba Mountain on 18.8 acres along with several barns, other outbuildings, and extensive fencing ready for your livestock. Come join the farm-to-table movement with this beautiful mini farmstead which is only minutes to Roanoke and Daleville.
This is one of the best lines of farm equipment we have had the opportunity to sell. Everything has been sheltered and well cared for. Since this was a working farm, we are confident this equipment will fulfill your expectations. Online Bidding Powered by Proxibid, on select items.
• 2006 John Deere 6420 Cab Tractor, 4×4, John Deere 640 front end loader, 85R/24 front tires, 85R/34 rear 540 PTO, 2 sets of dual remote hydraulic outlets, 3,600 hours
• John Deere 6200 Tractor, 2 post roll guard and canopy, 11L-15 front tires, 18.4-30 rear with rear wheel weights, 2 sets dual remote hydraulic outlets, 7,500 hrs
• New Holland 7610 Tractor with Farmhand front end loader, 2 post roll guard with canopy, 10-16 front tires, 18.4-34 rear, 2 sets of dual remote outlets, loader runs off one set, 1,358 hours
• ASV Posi Track RC100 skid steer on tracks, 100 HP 1,356 hours, sells with 72 inch bucket with teeth. Nice condition
• Massey Ferguson 135 Diesel Tractor, power steering 1 set of dual remote hydraulic outlet, 2,089 hours. Hard to find diesel with power steering
• Case pink and purple tractor, 6 cylinder diesel, this is a big tractor that runs, drives and stops, if you need a big tractor for odd jobs look at this one
• 2012 Ford F 250 Super Duty Super Cab 4×4 pickup DewEze 670 hay bed with gooseneck hitch, gas, auto, brush guard, pickup bed included, 55,000 miles
• 2008 Chevy Silverado 3500 dual rear wheel truck with diesel engine, and Allison Transmission, Cannon Ball dump hay bed with gooseneck hitch, extended cab, 4×4 92,500 miles
• 2013 Dalton Livestock Trailer, 6×16, tandem axle, 5,200 lbs axles, 2-inch ball, spare tire and wheel, cut gate
• Gooseneck Stock Trailer 6×20, brush fenders, cut gate, rusty but will haul stock
• 1985 GMC TopKick 7000 18-foot diesel dump truck, twin cylinder includes grain sides
• 8 foot x 20 foot gooseneck flatbed trailer with livestock sides, triple axles
• 1999 Honda CRV, 73,599 miles, real time 4-wheel drive, manual transmission. Nice little run about
• 1993 Jeep Cherokee, 250,000± miles, needs work, will not pass inspection
• 3- 2006 Honda Rancher four wheelers, 1 red & 2 green
• John Deere MoCo 530 disc bind, pull type, 10 foot cut, 540 PTO
• 2- John Deere 275 disc mowers, 9 foot cut, 3 pt 540 PTO
• Kuhn 9-foot disc mower, 3 pt 540 PTO
• John Deere 469 Silage Special round hay baler, 2,182 bales, extras include the hydraulic pickup head and oversized high floatation tires
• John Deere 535 round hay baler
• Anderson IFX 660 X-Tractor bale tube wrapper. Estimage 2018. Super nice and clean
• New Holland 269 square hay baler
• New Holland 273 square hay baler
• Ogden Hybrid Hay Runner 10 Wheel V Rake, Pull type with hydraulic controls, super nice, late model
• Walton 4 basket pull type hay tedder, 540 PTO
• Tye Pasture Pleaser no till pasture seeder, pull type, 10 drops, 6 foot wide, nice
• United Farm Tools four-wheel hay wagon
• 3 – four-wheel hay wagons various running gears
• Taylor Way 1550 batwing rotary cutter, 15-foot cut, 540 PTO, nice
• Taylor Way pull type leveling disc, 14 blade with 9 inch spacings front and rear, 10 foot cut, nice condition
• Willmar Super 500 tandem axle lime and fertilizer spreader, pull type, 540 PTO
• 2001 Wood-Mizer LT 40 Band Saw Mill, Kohler Command 25 2 cylinder gas engine, 2001 model
• Shaver 12 inch post driver, fully hydraulic, 3 pt
• Danuser Auger, 3 pt with 12 inch auger
• John Deere 10A Backhoe attachment, 3 pt hookup, 12 inch bucket
• H & H Farm Machinery 500 gallon pull type poly tank sprayer with high floatation tires, 540 PTO
• Allis Chalmers no till corn planter, 4 row, pull type
• Case 550 pull type manure spreader, 540 PTO. This has the hydraulic tail gate. Nice add on
• Gravity Flo grain box to mount on trailer or truck
• Bush Hog 8 foot road blade, 3 pt
• Calf creep feeders mounted on trailers
• Pressure treated fence posts, various sizes
• rolls and rolls of fence wire, smooth and barbed
• Hesston 7140 2 row silage chopper
• Paul cattle scales
• 9 shank spring tooth tiller, 3 pt
• Pull type cultipacker
• 2 basket hay tedder, 3 pt
• Cattle equipment, water, feed and mineral feeders, lots to choose from shop tools and equipment, welder, generator, air compressor, chain saws, chains binders, nuts, bolts, tons and tons of shop items. This was a working farm with a great inventory of supplies and parts. Cattle equipment and supplies, too many items to list but something for all
• 3 pt carry all
• 3 pt boom pole
• 1 row sub soiler, 3 pt
• Hay spear 3 pt
• Corral Panels
• All types of good quality iron from Angel to Channel, T posts, lots of good miscellaneous
• Hay elevator
• 500/600 bales of orchard grass mix square bales of hay, from 1 to 5 years old in barn at house
• Howse 6 foot rotary tiller, 3 pt 540 PTO almost new
• Schuler 175 BF feed wagon, single axle, 540 PTO
• John Deere 420 Bull Dozer, partial restoration
• New concrete feed troughs
Home and 18.8± Acres
6030 Catawba Creek Road
Troutville, VA 24175
Perched high on the hill with a grand view of the valley below and Catawba Mountain, this ranch style home offers 3 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms with 1,136± SF on the main level and a full basement. The home has an open floor plan with ample living space for the living room, kitchen and dining area. There are hardwood floors in the living and dining rooms and carpet throughout the bedrooms. The unfinished 1,136± SF full basement contains the laundry, garage, and storage area as well as a wood stove to supplement the heat pump. Zoned Agricultural Rural Preserve (Roanoke County, VA).
6030 Catawba Creek Road, Troutville, VA 24175: From Roanoke take I-581 North to south on I-81. Take Exit 141 New Castle/Salem/VA 311 N. At light turn left on Electric Road. Go 0.37 mile to stop light and turn right on Catawba Valley Drive VA 311. Go 6.7 miles and turn right on Catawba Creek Road and go 2.54 miles to house on left and equipment on the right.
Broker Participation For Real Estate
Any broker actively licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia whose agent properly registers the successful high bidder will be paid a two percent (2%) commission at settlement by the Seller. Registration must be on a Woltz & Associates, Inc. Broker Participation Application form and contain the name, address, and signature of agent and prospect as well as a Broker’s license number and Federal Tax ID number. The form must be received in the office of Woltz & Associates, Inc. by 12:00 noon on March 28, 2019. If prospect attends preview, the agent must attend with prospect. Additionally, the agent must attend sale and co-register with the prospect on auction day. Only the first broker to register the high bidder will be paid a commission. Agents acting as principals, on behalf of licensed real estate agents, on behalf of family members, on behalf of entities in which they hold an ownership interest or who represent prospects who have had prior contact with seller or auction company are not eligible. Only one registered bidder per agent.
Basic Terms & Conditions of the Auction
- REGISTRATION: Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. Registration begins at 8:30 AM. Please bring a driver’s license for identification.
- AUCTION SALE: THE REAL ESTATE is being sold subject to Seller confirmation. THE FARM EQUIPMENT will be sold absolute to the highest bidder regardless of price. ALL SALES ARE FINAL: All property is auctioned “AS IS, WHERE IS” with all faults in its condition at the time of sale without recourse by way of refund, reduction of the purchase price, or otherwise. Bidders should perform such independent investigation with respect to the property as they deem necessary or appropriate.
- FINANCING: Your bidding and purchase of the property are NOT CONDITIONAL UPON FINANCING. Be sure you have arranged financing, if needed, and are capable of paying cash at closing.
- LIABILITY: Bidders inspecting property enter at their own risk. Auction Company assumes no risk for bodily injury or damage to personal property.
- BIDDING: The auctioneer will determine all bid increments. All decisions by the auctioneer regarding bid acceptance are final.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS: Announcements on day of sale take precedence over all prior releases, verbal and written, concerning this auction sale.
- BUYER’S PREMIUM: The Buyer’s Premium on the real estate is seven percent (7%) of the high bid amount. The Buyer’s Premium on the personal property is five percent (5%) of the high bid. The Buyer’s Premium will be added to the high bid to determine the final sales price.
- AGENCY: THE AUCTION COMPANY AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES REPRESENT THE SELLER.
- REAL ESTATE DEPOSIT: A deposit in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the contract sales price will be required on the day of sale. The deposit is payable by cash, cashier’s check, or pre-approved personal check payable to Woltz & Associates, Inc. Escrow Account. Personal checks will be approved if the Buyer presents a bank letter stating that the Buyer is a customer of the bank and the checking account is in good standing.
- REAL ESTATE DEED: The real estate will be conveyed by general warranty deed free and clear of liens, subject, however, to any rights of way, easements and restrictions of record. The balance of the purchase price is due at settlement on or before May 14, 2019. The Property will be deeded in the manner purchased at the auction.
- BOUNDARY LINES: Boundaries on aerial photos and topo maps are approximate. Refer to survey for exact boundary locations.
- SALES TAX: Applicable Commonwealth of Virginia Sales Tax will be charged on all items unless you are exempt from Sales Tax and you provide tax exemption form and exemption certificates that are acceptable to the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- PAYMENT FOR PERSONAL PROPERTY: There will be a five percent (5%) buyer’s premium charged on all items sold. Complete payment is required on sale day only in cash or guaranteed funds: traveler’s checks, money orders and/or bank certified checks. Company & personal checks will be accepted “only” when they are accompanied by a valid bank letter of credit “guaranteeing or honoring” payment of that particular check up to a specific amount of money. All letters of credit should be addressed to Woltz & Associates, Inc. International Buyers will need to wire transfer full payment directly from your bank to Woltz & Associates, Inc. bank account. No International checks will be accepted. If paid by check, titles will be provided upon the clearing of a company or personal check.
- REMOVAL OF PERSONAL PROPERTY: Personal property becomes the responsibility of the Buyer at the time of sale. The Auction Company does not provide equipment or labor to remove purchased items. Except for heavy equipment, all personal property must be removed from the premises during the posted times for pick-up unless prior arrangements are made with Auction Company. Pick-up times for the personal property will be Friday, March 29 until 6:30 PM and Saturday, March 30 from 9 AM to 4 PM. Shipping arrangements and cost are the sole responsibility of the Buyer
- GENERAL: The information contained in this brochure is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error, or omissions is assumed by the Seller or the Auction Company.