More photos are available in the slideshow. Mobile users swipe left on the photo below to advance. Desktop users click on the dots underneath the photo.
The community rests on the former grounds of the late 19th-century grand resort, White Sulphur Springs Hotel. Today White Sulphur Springs is a beautiful 145-acre property along the Ararat River. A small community at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains and only minutes to the town of Mount Airy and the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Consistently ranked as one of the top 100 Best American Small Towns, Mount Airy, N.C., continues to garner kudos from tourists, journalists and new residents who are charmed by this quintessential southern town nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Native son and television icon Andy Griffith has brought Mount Airy much of its share of fame and glory as the inspiration for the fictional town of Mayberry.
Step back in time and enjoy the relaxed pace of this area.
- 8 miles from Blue Ridge Parkway
- 3 miles from downtown Mount Airy, NC
|1||1.05 ac Building lot|
|2||1.11 ac Building lot|
|3||1.01 ac Building lot|
|4||1.02 ac Building lot|
|5||1.52 ac Building lot|
|6||1.29 ac Building lot|
|7||1.15 ac Building lot|
|8||0.81 ac Building lot|
|9||0.81 ac Building lot|
|10||1.25 ac Building lot|
|11||1.08 ac Building lot|
|12||0.91 ac Building lot|
|13||0.80 ac Building lot|
|14||0.93 ac Building lot|
|15||10 acre wooded, secluded building site|
|16||10 acre wooded, secluded building site|
|17||10 acre wooded, secluded building site|
|18||10 acre wooded, secluded building site|
|19||10 acre wooded, secluded building site|
|20||10 acre wooded, secluded building site|
|21||10 acre wooded, secluded building site|
|22||12 acre wooded, secluded building site|
|23||10 acre wooded, secluded building site|
|24||10 acre wooded, secluded building site|
|25||3 Bedroom, 2 bath lodge home on 15.5 acres, with Ararat River frontage, hayfield and meadow|
|26||River frontage, hayfield and wooded site with 10 acres|
|27||Dogwood Cabin #1, 1BR 1BA. Kitchen and sitting area|
|28||Hemlock Cabin #2, 1BR 1BA|
|29||Laurel Cabin #3, 1BR 1BA|
|30||Chestnut Cabin #4, 1BR 1BA|
|31||Spruce Cabin #5, 1BR 1BA|
|32||Magnolia Cabin #6, 1BR 1BA|
These sought after quaint cabins have been in a short term rental program and have fans from all over the country. Come own your own piece of heaven on earth. Rent it out or just use as a getaway! The six cabins have condominium documents and will be sold separately.
A little White Sulphur Springs hotel History
During its heyday, which lasted from the 1890s into the 1920s, the White Sulphur Springs Hotel enjoyed its reputation as a swanky Southern resort that attracted affluent travelers from throughout the United States, and from as far away as Europe and South America. Old newspaper stories indicate that the hotel’s well-to-do clientele included a number of celebrities of the day. One such guest was Fay Templeton, a popular stage actress who performed on Broadway throughout the first three decades of the 1900s. The governors of South Carolina and Georgia also reportedly made annual summer pilgrimages to the hotel to escape the sultry heat in their own states.
10 minutes northeast of Mount Airy on Riverside Drive to White Sulphur Springs Road. Address: 133 White Sulphur Springs Road.
Any broker actively licensed in the State of North Carolina whose agent properly registers the successful high bidder will be paid a two percent (2%) commission at settlement by the Seller. Registration must be on a Woltz & Associates, Inc. Broker Participation Application form and contain the name, address and signature of agent and prospect as well a Broker’s license number and Federal Tax ID number. The form must be received in the office of Woltz & Associates, Inc. by 12:00 noon on July 17, 2019. If prospect attends preview, agent must attend with prospect. Additionally, agent must attend sale and co-register with prospect on auction day. Only the first broker to register the high bidder will be paid a commission. Agents acting as principals, on behalf of licensed real estate agents, on behalf of family members, on behalf of entities in which they hold an ownership interest or who represent prospects who have had prior contact with seller or auction company are not eligible. Only one registered bidder per agent.
Basic Terms and Conditions of the Auction
- REGISTRATION: Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. Registration begins at 3:00 PM. Please bring a driver’s license for identification.
- AUCTION SALE: The property will be sold subject to Seller confirmation. ALL CONFIRMED SALES ARE FINAL: All property is auctioned “AS IS, WHERE IS” with all faults in its condition at the time of sale without recourse by way of refund, reduction of the purchase price, or otherwise. Bidders should perform such independent investigation with respect to the property as they deem necessary or appropriate.
- FINANCING: Your bidding and purchase of the property is NOT CONDITIONAL UPON FINANCING. Be sure you have arranged financing, if needed, and are capable of paying cash at closing.
- LIABILITY: Bidders inspecting property enter at their own risk.
Auction Company assumes no risk for bodily injury or damage to personal property.
- BIDDING: Qualified bidders may bid on individual lots or any grouping of lots. The auctioneer will determine all bid increments. All decisions by the auctioneer regarding bid acceptance are final.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS: Announcements on day of sale take precedence over all prior releases, verbal and written, concerning this auction sale.
- BUYER’S PREMIUM: The Buyer’s Premium on the real estate is seven percent (7%) of the high bid amount. The Buyer’s Premium will be added to the high bid to determine the final sales price.
- AGENCY: THE AUCTION COMPANY AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES REPRESENT THE SELLER.
- LEAD PAINT: The lodge home on lot 25 was built prior to 1978 and may contain lead-based paint. A lead-based paint inspection may be performed by bidders prior to the auction sale date. Applicable lead-based paint documents and information are available from Auction Company. Bidders will be provided a LBPD prior to signing a real estate purchase agreement and agree to waive the ten (10) day right to inspection after the auction sale.
- REAL ESTATE DEPOSIT: A deposit in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the contract sales price will be required on day of sale. The deposit is payable by cash, cashier’s check, business/personal check payable to Woltz & Associates, Inc. Escrow Account.
- REAL ESTATE DEED: The real estate will be conveyed by general warranty deed free and clear of liens, subject, however, to any rights of way, easements and restrictions of record. The balance of the purchase price is due at settlement on or before September 3, 2019. There will be no assigning of lots or deeds between bidders. Lots will be deeded in the manner purchased at the auction.
- BOUNDARY LINES: Boundaries on aerial photos and topo maps are approximate. Refer to survey for exact boundary locations.
- GENERAL: The information contained in this brochure is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error, or omissions is assumed by the Seller or the Auction Company.