14.74± Acre Prime Industrial Site on Industrial Park Road
Halifax County Industrial Park
This prime site is zoned M-2 General Industrial and is located in the heart of Halifax County’s Route 58 Industrial Corridor, just south of South Boston, VA. Neighbors include national and international manufacturers such as ABB Transformer, Aquatic Bath Products, Presto Products, Annin Flagmakers, among many others. The site is within an hour of Lynchburg, VA and Durham, NC and has excellent access via four lane US Route 58 and Routes 501 and 360. Rail service is potentially available from the adjoining Norfolk Southern rail spur.
The property is located directly behind 2195 Philpott Road, South Boston, VA 24592
Halifax County offers a variety of incentives to new and expanding Virginia businesses. This site is in the Halifax County Enterprise Zone and the Opportunity Zone. There are numerous other incentives including the Virginia Tobacco Region Revitalization Commission, and the Commonwealth Opportunity fund. For more information go to: http://halifaxvirginia.com/incentives
The property is located directly behind 2195 Philpott Road, South Boston, VA, 24592. From the intersection of US Route 501 and US Route 58 (just south of South Boston town limits) take Route 58 West a short distance to left on Industrial Park Road, just before Presto Products. Cross the rail spur and the property is immediately on the left. See aerial photo for approximate boundaries. NOTE: In the event of inclement weather the auction will be held at 2195 Philpott Road.
Basic Terms & Conditions of the Auction
- REGISTRATION: Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. Registration begins at 2:00 PM on-site. Please bring a driver’s license for identification.
- TERMS OF SALE: Property to be sold ABSOLUTE, regardless of price. All property is sold “AS IS, WHERE IS.” Bidders should perform such independent investigation with respect to the property as they deem necessary or appropriate. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
- AGENCY: THE AUCTION COMPANY AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES REPRESENT THE SELLER, STEVEN L. HIGGS, CHAPTER 7 BANKRUPTCY TRUSTEE FOR D-SCAN, INC.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS: Announcements day of sale take precedence over all prior communications, verbal and written, concerning this sale.
- BIDDING: The auctioneer will determine bid increments.
- BUYER’S PREMIUM: A ten percent (10%) Buyer’s Premium will be charged. The Buyer’s Premium is added to the high bid to determine the contract sales price.
- DEPOSIT: A deposit in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the high bid will be required on day of sale. The deposit is payable by cashier’s check or a pre-approved personal check made payable to Woltz & Associates, Inc. Escrow Account. A personal check will be approved if, prior to or at the time of registration, the bidder presents a bank letter stating the bidder is a customer of the bank and that the checking account is in good standing.
- CLOSING DATE FOR REAL ESTATE: The balance of the purchase price is due at settlement on or before January 9, 2019.
- TRANSFER OF TITLE TO REAL ESTATE: The real estate will be conveyed by special warranty trustee’s deed free and clear of liens subject, however, to any recorded rights of way, easements and conditions of record.
- FINANCING: The sale of the real estate is not conditioned upon the bidder obtaining financing. Bidders should arrange any necessary financing prior to registering to bid.
- BIDDER PACKET: A Bidder Packet with information regarding the real estate is available from the Auction Company and posted on our website at www.woltz.com.
- BROCHURE: The information contained in this brochure is subject to independent verification by prospective bidders. Neither the Auction Company nor the Seller assumes any liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions. Boundaries shown on aerial photographs are approximate. Please refer to survey for boundary locations.