Valuable parcels of real estate located throughout Roanoke County are being offered for sale at auction on behalf of Mark D. Kidd, Special Commissioner. Properties include single family residences, residential and agricultural lots, and a lot zoned C2. There are no minimum bids. A five percent (5%) buyer’s premium will be added to the high bid to determine the sale price.
Property information is also available on the Roanoke County GIS site — http://gis.roanokecountyva.gov/
|Property||Tax Map #||Acreage (±)||Address||Zoning||Assessed Value|
|5||097.03-02-13.00-0000||1 Lot||7091 MERRIMAN RD||AR||$52,800|
|6||098.04-01-36.00-0000||1.1||6020 FRANKLIN RD||AV||$44,200|
|7||098.04-01-38.00-0000||0.5||6036 FRANKLIN RD||AV||$47,500|
|8||098.04-01-37.00-0000||0.5||0 FRANKLIN RD||AV||$2,500|
|9||016.03-02-49.00-0000||0.75||0 BRADSHAW RD||AR||$8,100|
|14||015.01-01-14.00-0000||0.27||4058 OLD CATAWBA RD||AR||$16,000|
|15||015.01-01-18.00-0000||0.36||4056 OLD CATAWBA RD||AR||$22,400|
|16||060.20-02-18.00-0000||0.292||854 CHESTNUT ST||R1||$12,100|
|18||060.11-02-19.00-0000||1 Lot||453 DALE AV||R2||$42,800|
|19||038.07-06-16.00-0000||1 Lot||142 TAMPA DR||R1||$111,700|
|20||027.18-01-05.00-0000||0.26||0 WILLIAMSON RD||C2||$4,200|
|Properties Added After Brochure Was Printed|
|22||085.04-01-13.00-0000||0.69||6973 BENT MOUNTAIN RD||AR||$27,100|
Property 5: 7091 Merriman Rd. Roanoke
Follow Starkey Rd. to Merriman Rd. and go L. on Merriman Rd. Then go R. on Merriman Rd. Go .5 mi and property is on R. at Penwood Dr.
Properties 6, 7 and 8: 6020 Franklin Rd., 6036 Franklin Rd., 0 Franklin Rd. (no photo) Roanoke
From Franklin Rd. Rt. 220 and Yellow Mountain Rd. Go S. on Franklin Rd. to Red Hill Church of the Brethren and make a U-turn. Head back toward Yellow Mtn. Rd. a short distance and take hard right turn onto private Rd. and follow to properties on L.
Property 9: 0 Bradshaw Rd. Catawba Area (Salem)
From Hanging Rock at Routes. 419 and 311, take Rt. 311, Catawba Valley Dr., north 2 Mi. and go L on Bradshaw Rd. Go .3 Mi. to property on R.
Properties 14 and 15: 4058 Old Catawba Rd. and 4056 Old Catawba Rd. Salem
From Hanging Rock at Routes 419 and 311 go N. on Rt. 311, Catawba Valley Dr. 2 Mi. and go L. on Bradshaw Rd. Follow 1.6 Mi. to R. on Old Catawba Rd., go .8 Mi. to L. on Old Catawba Rd. to property on L. #32 is behind # 31.
Property 16: 854 Chestnut St. Vinton
From Roanoke follow Rt. 24 East into Vinton. Just beyond where the traffic light for S. Pollard St. turns left. Go through light and take immediate R. on S. Pollard St. to L. on Raleigh Ave. Go R. on Chestnut St. to property on L.
Property 18: 453 Dale Ave. Vinton
From Rt. 460, Orange Ave., take Gus Nicks Boulevard .6 Mi. to R. on Dunkirk Ave. NE, which becomes Dale Ave., property will be on L.
Property 19: 142 Tampa Dr. Roanoke
From Peters Creek Rd. Go R. on Williamson Rd. to L. on Florist Rd. to L. on Verndale Dr. to R. on Orlando Ave. to L. on Tampa Dr. to property on L.
Property 20: 0 Williamson Rd. Roanoke
From Peters Creek Rd. go R. on Williamson Rd. to property on R., across from Super Shoes and just behind Brookside Auto Sales parking lot.
Property 22: 6973 Bent Mountain Rd. Roanoke
From Rt. 419, Electric Rd., go S. on Brambleton to the intersection of Ranchcrest Dr. Continue 3.7 Mi. past Ranchcrest Dr. and Brambleton becomes Bent Mountain Rd. Property will be on the right.
Basic Terms and Conditions of the Auction
- REGISTRATION: Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. Registration begins at 9:00 AM. Please bring your driver’s license for identification.
- AGENCY: THE AUCTION COMPANY AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES REPRESENT THE SELLER, MARK D. KIDD, SPECIAL COMMISSIONER.
- AUTHORITY FOR SALE: The sale is by Order of the Roanoke County Circuit Court. All properties will be sold at auction subject only to Roanoke County Circuit Court confirmation. The hearings on confirmation of the sale of the properties will be held at 9:00 a.m. on October 11, 2018.
- TERMS OF SALE: All property is sold “AS IS, WHERE IS” and with any faults. No warranty or representation, either expressed or implied, concerning the property is made by the Seller or the Auction Company. Each potential bidder is responsible for conducting his or her own independent inspections, investigations, inquiries and due diligence with respect to the property as they deem necessary or appropriate. Inspection of the properties is performed at the potential bidder’s own risk. Except for the required Circuit Court approval referenced in paragraph 3, all sales are final. The properties are sold subject to any applicable easements of record for utilities, construction, sewer, water, storm water or drainage and any homeowners’ associations’ covenants and restrictions, and any other conditions of record.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS: Announcements made day of sale take precedence over all prior communications, verbal and written, concerning this sale. Detailed terms and conditions will be provided on day of sale.
- BUYER’S PREMIUM: A Buyer’s Premium will be charged. The Buyer’s Premium is five percent (5%) of the high bid amount. The Buyer’s Premium will be added to the high bid amount to determine the sale price.
- DEPOSIT ON REAL ESTATE: Immediately following the sale, successful bidders will be required to sign an Offer of Purchase, a copy of which is available from the Auction Company. The successful bidder must pay a deposit in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the purchase price (high bid plus Buyer’s Premium) at the time the offer of purchase is signed on the day of sale. The deposit is payable by cash, cashier’s check or pre-approved personal check made payable to Mark D. Kidd, Special Commissioner. Personal checks will be approved if the Buyer presents, at time of registration, a letter from its bank stating that the Buyer is a customer of the bank and that the account on which the check is drawn is in good standing.
- CLOSING DATE: The balance of the purchase price is within fifteen (15) days following entry of the decree confirming the sale. This is a cash transaction and is not conditioned upon the bidder obtaining financing.
- CLOSING COSTS: The purchaser shall pay any Grantor’s tax and all expenses of recording and closing.
- TRANSFER OF TITLE: The Real Estate will be conveyed by special warranty deed free and clear of all liens, except as noted in paragraph 4 above and current real estate taxes which shall be prorated.
- BIDDER PACKETS: Preliminary Bidder Packets containing GIS and other information about the properties are available from the Auction Company upon request.
- WITHDRAWAL OF PROPERTY: The Seller may withdraw a property from the sale if the current owner exercises its right to redeem before 5:00 PM on September 26, 2018.
- WEB SITE: Visit www.woltz.com for additional photographs and other information.
- Property 5: Property Report from Roanoke County GIS
- Property 6: Property Report from Roanoke County GIS
- Property 7: Property Report from Roanoke County GIS
- Property 8: Property Report from Roanoke County GIS
- Property 9: Property Report from Roanoke County GIS
- Property 14: Property Report from Roanoke County GIS
- Property 15: Property Report from Roanoke County GIS
- Property 16: Property Report from Roanoke County GIS
- Property 18: Property Report from Roanoke County GIS
- Property 19: Property Report from Roanoke County GIS
- Property 20: Property Report from Roanoke County GIS
- Property 22: Property Report from Roanoke County GIS
- Property 5: Title Report
- Property 6: Title Report
- Property 7: Title Report
- Property 8: Title Report
- Property 9: Title Report
- Properties 14 and 15: Title Report
- Property 16: Title Report
- Property 18: Title Report
- Property 19: Title Report
- Property 20: Title Report
- Property 22: Title Report
- Property 5: Offer of Purchase
- Property 6: Offer of Purchase
- Property 7: Offer of Purchase
- Property 8: Offer of Purchase
- Property 9: Offer of Purchase
- Property 14: Offer of Purchase
- Property 15: Offer of Purchase
- Property 16: Offer of Purchase
- Property 18: Offer of Purchase
- Property 19: Offer of Purchase
- Property 20: Offer of Purchase
- Property 22: Offer of Purchase