Now is the time to submit your highest & best clean offer for the Sellers to consider before Auction. This incredible 178.2± acre farm includes 2 story farmhouse w/3BR/1BA in private setting in Bedford Co., VA. Property boasts frontage along scenic Bore Auger Creek, miles of interior ATV trails, long views & abundant wildlife. Ideal for homesite, weekend getaway or recreational retreat. Farmhouse was previously rented for $500/month for last 15 years. And is a great potential AirBnB. Farmhouse updates in last 5-10 years incl vinyl siding, windows, well pump, water heater, oil furnace, 100 amp breaker service(220 in laundry room). Not all furnishings will convey. Property being sold AS-IS. Farmhouse needs some TLC but has tremendous potential.
Bidding Opens August 2, 8:00 AM (EDT)
Bidding Closes August 25, 3:00 PM (EDT)
THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE PROPERTY!
From Downtown Roanoke: Take VA-24/Elm Ave toward Vinton. Take Left at Jordantown Rd/SR619, continue 5.5mi, turn Right on Saunders Rd. Go 1.2mi, then Left on Simmons Mill Rd. Go about 1mi, Farm on Right
Terms & Conditions of Auction for Online Bidding
Teresa Howell Akers & Ronald K. Howell
178 Acres Thaxton, Virginia (1252 Howell Dr, Thaxton, VA 24174)
Bidding Starts: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 8:00 AM ET
Bidding Ends: Thursday 25, 2022, 3:00 PM ET
- AUCTION SALE: The Property will be sold subject to Seller’s confirmation that the contract sales price is at or above the reserve price and subject to execution of the Auction Real Estate Purchase Agreement as required in Paragraph 2. The property is auctioned “AS IS, WHERE IS” with all faults in its condition at the time of sale without recourse by way of refund, reduction of the purchase price, or otherwise. Bidders should perform such independent investigation with respect to the property as they deem necessary or appropriate. Bidding signifies you have read and are in agreement with the terms and conditions of the auction. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this auction Do Not Bid!
- REAL ESTATE DEPOSIT: The Buyer is required to pay a deposit in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the contract sales price and sign an Auction Real Estate Purchase Agreement within twenty-four hours (24) of sale day, executed and delivered via email. Buyer may wire funds ($25.00 wire fee) or overnight a cashier’s check for the earnest money deposit at Buyer’s expense.
- FINANCING: Your bidding and purchase of the property are NOT CONDITIONAL UPON FINANCING. Be sure you have arranged financing, if needed, and are capable of paying cash at settlement.
- LIABILITY: Bidders inspecting property enter at their own risk. Auction Company assumes no risk for bodily injury or damage to personal property.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS: Announcements on day of sale take precedence over all prior releases, verbal and written, concerning this auction sale.
- BUYER’S PREMIUM: The Buyer’s Premium on the real estate is ten percent (10%) of the high bid amount. The Buyer’s Premium will be added to the high bid to determine the final contract sales price.
- AGENCY: THE AUCTION COMPANY AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES REPRESENT THE SELLER.
- REAL ESTATE DEED AND POSSESSION: The real estate will be conveyed by a Special Warranty deed to be prepared at the expense of the Seller and the cost of Virginia Grantor’s tax shall be borne by the Seller. It is agreed the Property is being conveyed free and clear of liens, subject, however, to any rights of way, easements, and restrictions of record. The balance of the purchase price is due at settlement which shall be on or before October 10, 2022. The contract to purchase is not assignable. Possession of the Property shall be given to the buyer at settlement.
- BOUNDARY LINES: Boundaries on aerial photos, topographic maps, and otherwise, are approximate and are subject to verification by all parties relying on them.
- BIDDING AND SOFT CLOSE: The bidding is hereby offered by Online Auction only and bidding will only be available to registered bidders. The Soft close will allow extended bidding until no bids are placed for five minutes. If a bid is placed within the last five minutes an additional five minutes will be added to ensure everyone gets time to place their bid.
- GENERAL: The information contained in the brochure, on woltz.com, all advertising, and the Bidder’s Information Packet is subject to verification by all parties relying on them. No liability for its accuracy, error, or omissions is assumed by the Seller or the Auction Company.
- BROKER PARTICIPATION: Any appropriately licensed Virginia broker whose agent properly registers the successful high bidder will be paid a 2% commission based upon the high bid, and will be paid at settlement by the Seller. Applications must be on a Woltz & Associates, Inc. Broker Participation Application form and contain the name, address and signature of agent and prospect as well as the Broker’s license number and Federal Tax ID number. The form must be received in the office of Woltz & Associates, Inc. or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the registered bidder making a bid. Participating Broker must sign the Real Estate Purchase Agreement for winning bid. Agents acting as principals buying on their own behalf, on behalf of family members, other licensed real estate agents, or who represent prospects that have had prior contact with the Seller or Auction Company are not eligible. An agent may register only one Bidder for this auction.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS: Personal Property items remaining in the farmhouse and the on property as of Monday August 8, 2022 will convey at settlement.
- SOFTWARE & TECHNOLOGY: Woltz & Associates, Inc. reserves the right to reject any bid at our sole discretion. In the event there are technical difficulties related to the server, software, or any other online auction-related technologies, Woltz & Associates, Inc., reserves the right to extend bidding, continue the bidding, or close the bidding. NEITHER THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE SOFTWARE NOR WOLTZ & ASSOCIATES, INC. SHALL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR A MISSED BID OR THE FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO FUNCTION PROPERLY FOR ANY REASON. Email notifications will be sent to registered bidders with updated information deemed necessary by Auction Company.
Download our App: