For Tracts 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 the Seller reserves all mineral rights, both surface and subsurface, and are subject to current mineral leases which will not be assigned by Seller.
Tracts 4, 5, 6 and 7 – All mineral rights will convey.
Tracts 2 and 3 are Available – Please Make Offer
Note: If table does not display correctly, please download Property Table in the documents section.
|County||Acreage (±)||Minimum Bid||Latitude /
|Otsego||18.45||$750/Acre – $13,837||42°36’45.26”N / 75°18’30.82”W|
|Otsego||50.3||Asking Price $66,396 – Make Offer||42°36’36.27”N / 75°18’40.86”W|
|Otsego||50.3||Asking Price $66,396 – Make Offer||42°36’41.90”N / 75°18’56.30”W|
|Madison||6.22||$11,900||42°48’59.47”N / 75°21’1.36”W|
|Madison||6.26||$11,900||42°48’56.32”N / 75°21’1.86”W|
|Madison||6.002||$11,700||42°48’53.36”N / 75°21’1.86”W|
|Madison||7.395||$10,900||42°48’49.33”N / 75°21’20.22”W|
|Schuyler||74.54||$1,300/Acre – $96,900||42°17’57.83”N / 76°41’39.54”W|
|Schuyler||12.57||$1,200/Acre – $15,000||42°17’43.59”N / 76°41’41.57”W|
|Schuyler||35.206||$1,150/Acre – $40,487||42°17’31.38”N / 76°41’25.21”W|
|Schuyler||50.095||$1,450/Acre – $72,638||42°16’21.97”N / 76°41’4.72”W|
|Schuyler / Tompkins||125.969||$2,100/Acre – $264,535||42°16’49.66”N / 76°41’20.66”W|
Note: If table does not display correctly, please download Property Table in the documents section.
All tracts have excellent access
New Berlin Property
Located in Otsego County just south of the community of New Berlin near the intersection of Route 13 and Route 18.
Auction Tract 1: 18:45± Acres (SOLD) – This partly wooded and open tract enjoys paved road frontage on both Route 13 and Mooretown Road. Here is a great opportunity to own a nice rural tract with available power in the community of New Berlin.
Auction Tract 2: 50.3± Acres (Make Offer) – With plenty of road frontage on Route 13, this elevated tract has several potential building sites offering views of the country side. Easy access and available power make this a great property.
Auction Tract 3: 50.3± Acres (Make Offer) – Don’t miss this opportunity to own great rural tract in the community of New Berlin. This tract has long road frontage on Route 13 and available power. Take a look at the exceptional view to the southwest. Additionally, on this tract you will find a large dairy barn.
Located in Madison County just west of Brookfield and north of the intersection of Route 78 and Route 80 on Hibbard Road.
Auction Tracts 4 to 7 (SOLD) : Ranging from 6 to 7.3 acres. These four tracts offer a wonderful opportunity to own a wooded tract perfect for hunting or camping and only a short distance from Brookfield Railroad State Forest. These tracts are located just off of Route 78 on Hibbard Road (seasonal road).
Located in Schuyler County near the intersection of Route 13 and Route 224.
Auction Tract 8: 74.54± Acres (SOLD) – The mostly wooded tract offers a great investment opportunity offering merchantable timber, open land and public road frontage on Route 13. Additionally, this tract joins the Connecticut Hill Wildlife Management Area.
Auction Tract 9: 12.57± Acres (SOLD) – This tract has open land with potential building sites and lots of frontage on Route 13.
Auction Tract 10: 35.20± Acres (SOLD) – Put your cattle out to graze on the large pastureland tract. This can be a great buy with available power and frontage on Cayuta Road.
Auction Tract 11: 50.09± Acres (SOLD) – It’s not very often you get an opportunity to buy a tract that offers great pastureland, but also is adjacent to a public fishing site and joins the Cliffside State Forest. Don’t forget that this tract also has long road frontage on Route 224.
Auction Tract 12: 125.96± Acres. (SOLD) There is a great mix of merchantable timberland and agricultural land. Additionally, this tract joins the Cliffside State Forest and has long frontage on Route 224.
Take advantage of this unique timber, farm, homesite and recreational land investment opportunity.
Basic Terms & Conditions of the Auction
- TERMS OF SALE: This Auction is being conducted subject to the Terms and Conditions of Sale and the Sealed Bid Auction Real Estate Purchase Agreement. Twelve (12) Timberland Auction Tracts in the State of New York, Counties of Schuyler, Tompkins, Otsego, and Madison, are being offered for sale. The Auction Tracts are being offered for sale as individual tracts. Seller reserves the oil, gas and mineral rights under New Berlin (Auction Tracts 1-3) and Cayuta (Auction Tracts 8-12) both surface and subsurface and, sale is subject to the current mineral leases which will not be assigned by Seller to the successful bidder.
- BIDDER’S INFORMATION PACKET: Detailed Bidder Information Packets containing the Sealed Bid Auction Real Estate Purchase Agreement, title reports, timber volume data, tax parcel numbers, aerial and topographic maps and bidding instructions are available from Auction Company via email, fax or mail order.
- PROPERTIES OFFERED SUBJECT TO MINIMUM BID: The Auction Tracts are offered subject to the published Minimum Bids per individual tract.
- BIDDING: The Auction Tracts are being offered by sealed bid auction. To participate and bid in the auction, completed and signed Sealed Bid Auction Real Estate Purchase Agreement (contained in the Bidder’s Information Packet) must be delivered to Woltz & Associates, Inc. on or before 4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Tuesday, July 10, 2018. Call Auction Company for prior approval to hand deliver bid to Hampton Inn, 26 River Street, Cortland, New York on July 11. No bids will be accepted after 9:00 AM, July 11.
- BID BASIS: Bidding is by a lump sum bid, not per acre. You may bid on one or more Auction Tracts in one bid, or you may bid on Auction Tracts individually with separate bids for each Auction Tract. (Winning bids will be determined by the highest individual tract bid or the highest bid of combined tracts).
- BUYER’S PREMIUM: A ten percent (10%) buyer’s premium must be added to the final cumulative High Bid to determine the total Purchase Price.
- EARNEST MONEY DEPOSIT: A Deposit of 10% of the High Bid must accompany the bid either by cashier’s or certified check or wire transfer. Deposit checks must be made payable to Escrow Account, Keyser, Maloney & Winner, LLP. Cashier’s checks will not be deposited during the bid consideration period. All Deposits on offers not accepted will be returned to the respective bidders by July 20, 2018 with time allowed for mail delivery. Deposits for accepted Bids will be deposited to the Escrow Account, Keyser, Maloney & Winner, LLP and held per the terms of the Sealed Bid Auction Real Estate Purchase Agreement. Call for wiring instructions, if needed.
- BID OPENING: Bids will be opened at the Hampton Inn, 26 River Street, Cortland, New York at 10:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time on Wednesday, July 11, 2018. Only the high bids will be announced.
- NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTED BIDS: The successful bidders will be notified by 5:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time on Friday, July 13, 2018.
- TIE BIDS: In the event of any tie bids, Seller may accept the bid of Seller’s choice, or Seller may elect to give the tie bidders the opportunity to make their best and final offer with 5 business days’ notice.
- SETTLEMENT: Seller will prepare, and Buyer(s) will accept, a Special Warranty Deed. Buyer(s) and Seller shall pay their own settlement costs as is customary in the state of New York. Each party will be responsible for its own attorneys’ fees. Seller is providing a commitment for title insurance prepared by Chicago Title Company for all Auction Tracts. If Buyer elects to purchase title insurance, the title insurance premium shall be at the Buyer’s expense. All Auction Tracts shall be conveyed per the Property Description in the commitment for title insurance. The settlement date shall be on or before August 24, 2018.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL: All property is auctioned “AS IS, WHERE IS” with all faults in its condition at the time of sale without recourse by way of refund, reduction of the purchase price, or otherwise. Bidders should perform such independent investigation with respect to the property as they deem necessary or appropriate.
- FINANCING: Your bidding and purchase of the property is not conditional upon financing. Be sure you have arranged financing, if needed, and are capable of paying cash at closing.
- BOUNDARY LINES: Boundaries on aerial photos and topo maps are approximate. Potential buyers may obtain a Limited Right of Entry Permit to view the property and inspect the boundary lines prior to sale. Buyer assumes all risk associated with entry upon the land. A Permit may be obtained by contacting Auction Company. The Seller will provide existing copies of any surveys in their possession only. The Seller will not pay for a new survey nor verify an existing survey.
- GENERAL: The information contained in this brochure and otherwise provided by Seller and Auction Company is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error, or omissions is assumed by the Seller or the Auction Company.
- AGENCY: Auction Company, Broker and its representatives represent the Seller.
- QUESTIONS: Sale related questions should be directed to: Charlie Wade or Boyd Temple at 800.551.3588.
Sale conducted in cooperation with
- Property Table
- Survey - Auction Tracts 1 - 3
- Survey - Auction Tracts 4 - 7
- Survey - Auction Tracts 8 - 10
- Survey - Auction Tracts 11 - 12
- Legal Description - Auction Tract 8
- Legal Description - Auction Tract 9
- Legal Description - Auction Tract 10
- Legal Description - Auction Tract 11
- Legal Description - Auction Tract 12
- Aerial Photography - Auction Tracts 1 - 3
- Aerial Photography - Auction Tracts 4 - 7
- Aerial Photography - Auction Tracts 8 - 12
- Topographical Map - Auction Tracts 1 - 3
- Topographical Map - Auction Tracts 4 - 7
- Topographical Map - Auction Tracts 8 - 12
- Title Commitment - Auction Tracts 1 - 3
- Title Commitment - Auction Tracts 4 - 7
- Title Commitment - Auction Tracts 8 - 12
- Timber Volume - Auction Tract 8
- Timber Volume - Auction Tract 12
- Tax Receipt - Auction Tracts 1 - 3
- Tax Receipt - Auction Tracts 4 - 7
- Tax Receipt - Auction Tracts 8 - 12