Tax Assessed at $2,427,700
Tract 1: 3.301± Acres. 2,760± SF Horse barn, 1,240± SF single family home, 1,320± SF maintenance shop and several accessory buildings.
Tract 2: 3.465± Acres. Vacant land. Level topography, ideal building site.
Tract 3: OUT
Tract 4: 22.204± Acres. Multipurpose 6,264± SF dining hall/auditorium includes commercial kitchen, offices and baths. Other buildings include multiple cabins with baths, infirmary, program building, conference hall, 2 covered pavilions and more.
Tract 5: 31.488± Acres. Ideal recreational tract with multiple trails and building sites.
Joins National Forest.
Tract 6: 23.748± Acres. Ideal recreational tract with a covered shed, large pond and dock. Several building sites and numerous trails throughout. Joins National Forest.
AP Zoning – Multiple Uses
Minutes to Appalachian Trail
All divisions are subject to final approval from County Planning Department.
Directions to HopeTree Retreat and Conference Center
From the center of the town of Montvale, VA in Bedford County: Take US 221 South/US 460 West approximately 1.4 miles and turn right on Camp Jaycee Rd/Route 697 and follow 1.5 miles to property on left.
Address: HopeTree Retreat and Conference Center 2494 Camp Jaycee Road, Blue Ridge, VA 24064 (Note: mapping software and GPS may show Montvale.)
Roanoke – 25 miles
Lexington – 42 miles
Blacksburg – 53 miles
Charlottesville – 108 miles
Richmond – 176 miles
Washington D.C. – 234 miles
Basic Terms & Conditions of the Auction
- REGISTRATION: Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. Camp HopeTree (Sale A) Registration begins Wednesday, May 9 at 1pm. Camp Glory Road (Sale B) Registration begins Thursday, May 10 at 1pm. Please bring a driver’s license for identification.
- AUCTION SALE: The property is being sold subject to Seller confirmation. All property is sold “AS IS, WHERE IS” with all faults in its condition at the time of sale without recourse by way of refund, reduction of the purchase price, or otherwise. Bidders should perform such independent investigation with respect to the property as they deem necessary or appropriate. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
- BIDDING: Qualified bidders may bid on individual tracts, any grouping of tracts or in its entirety. The auctioneer will determine all bid increments. All decisions by the auctioneer regarding bid acceptance are final.
- FINANCING: Your bidding and purchase of the property is NOT CONDITIONAL UPON FINANCING. Be sure you have arranged financing, if needed, and are capable of paying cash at closing.
- LEAD-BASED PAINT: The residential property was built prior to 1978 and may contain lead-based paint. A lead-based paint inspection may be performed by bidders prior to the auction sale date. Applicable lead-based paint documents and information are available from Auction Company. Bidders will be provided a lead-based paint disclosure prior to signing a Real Estate Purchase Agreement and agree to waive the ten (10) day right to inspection after the auction sale.
- LIABILITY: Bidders inspecting property enter at their own risk. Auction Company assumes no risk for bodily injury or damage to personal property.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS: Announcements on day of sale take precedence over all prior communications, verbal and written, concerning this auction sale.
- BUYER’S PREMIUM: The Buyer’s Premium on the real estate is five percent (5%) of the high bid amount. The Buyer’s Premium will be added to the high bid to determine the final sales price.
- AGENCY: THE AUCTION COMPANY AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES REPRESENT THE SELLER, HOPETREE PROPERTY HOLDINGS, LLC (SALE A-BEDFORD
COUNTY) AND VIRGINIA BAPTIST CHILDREN’S HOME AND FAMILY SERVICES (SALE B-HENRY COUNTY).
- REAL ESTATE DEPOSIT: A deposit in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the contract sales price will be required on day of sale. The deposit is payable by cash, cashier’s check, or pre-approved personal check payable to Woltz & Associates, Inc. Escrow Account. Personal checks will be approved if the Buyer presents a bank letter stating that the Buyer is a customer of the bank and the checking account is in good standing.
- REAL ESTATE DEED: The real estate will be conveyed by special warranty deed free and clear of liens, subject, however, to any rights of way, easements and restrictions of record. The balance of the purchase price is due at settlement on or before Friday, June 22, 2018 (Sale A-Bedford County) and Monday, June 25, 2018 (Sale B-Henry County). There will be no assigning of tracts between bidders. Tracts will be deeded in the manner purchased at the auction.
- BOUNDARY LINES: Boundaries on aerial photos and topo maps are approximate. Refer to survey for exact boundary locations. All property division lines are subject to final approval from applicable County Planning Department.
- GENERAL: The information contained in this brochure is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error, or omissions is assumed by the Seller or the Auction Company.
- Aerial Photography
- Topographic Map
- Preliminary Survey
- Drainfield Location Information (Tracts 1-3) Note: Tract (Lot) 3 is not part of the Auction
- Auction Tract 1: Title Commitment
- Auction Tract 2: Title Commitment
- Auction Tract 4: Title Commitment
- Auction Tract 5: Title Commitment
- Auction Tract 6: Title Commitment
- Improvements Information