This auction offers the opportunity to buy a Virginia Century Farm which has been in the Gannaway family for four generations. The beautiful 338± acre property is in a quiet, rural setting in the Blue Ridge Mountains yet is conveniently located less than five miles from I-81. The farm will be offered in ten tracts. Bidders may bid on individual tracts, any combination of tracts or the farm in its entirety.
The property has frontage on both sides of State Rt. 658 (Delton Road) and includes a corner parcel at the intersection of Delton Road and State Rt. 657 (Worrell Road). It has more than 1.6 miles of road frontage and 1,904± ft. of frontage on a portion of the New River Trail State Park that borders Claytor Lake. The land is rolling with approximately 70 acres in woodland and the balance in pasture and hay fields. The boundary features a pond, streams, springs and several desirable building sites with panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. Improvements include a three-bedroom home, equipment barn, outbuildings and livestock working pen.
The property is approximately 7 miles from Draper Valley Golf Club, 15 miles from Claytor Lake State Park and the New River Valley Airport, 40 miles from Blacksburg and Virginia Tech, and an hour from the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport. Historic Abingdon is 80 miles south on I-81 and the Virginia Horse Center in Lexington is approximately 100 miles to the north.
The property is identified as Pulaski County Tax Map Parcel 107-001-0000-0026. It is currently in land use.
Tract 1: This 17.91± acre parcel with 1,101±ft. of frontage on State Rt. 658, Delton Road, has both open and wooded land. There is a small stream on this tract.
Tract 2: This tract offers 1,484± ft. of frontage on the New River Trail State Park in an area that runs parallel to Claytor Lake. The 50.06± acre parcel with 634± ft. of frontage on Delton Road has open and wooded land. It is currently utilized for grazing.
Tract 3: The Gannaway home place was on this 42.80± acre tract which has 1,118± ft. of frontage on Delton Road and 420± ft. of frontage on the New River Trail State Park. A small creek on this tract runs into Claytor Lake under a bridge on the New River Trail. Spectacular views are available from the hilltops on this tract. A portion of Tract 3 is used for grazing.
Tract 4: This 32.09± acre parcel is open land and features a small stream and mountain views. There is 490± ft. of frontage on Delton Road. This tract is used for grazing.
Tract 5: Located at the corner of State Rt. 658, Delton Road and State Rt. 657, Worrell Road, this 15.59± acre tract has woodland as well as open land used for hay production. Road frontage is 951± ft. on Delton Road and 671± ft. on Worrell Road.
Tract 6: A charming 2,794± SF home is located on this 6.71± acre parcel that has 750± ft. of frontage on Delton Road. The house has three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a large living room with fireplace and built-in bookcases, kitchen, dining room, a sunroom with fireplace and an office. The home features wood paneling and flooring milled from trees on the farm. A deck and enclosed porch are places to enjoy the pastoral setting. The basement and garage offer storage space. The home is immaculate and ready for a new owner who appreciates a rural setting. Bass, bluegill and catfish are plentiful in the pond on this parcel.
Tract 7: Expansive views are available from this 19.82± acre tract that is used for grazing. It has 1,459± ft. of frontage on Delton Road.
Tract 8: Tract 8, with 325± ft. of frontage on Delton Road, is used for hay production and grazing. The 38.32± acre parcel features a stream and outstanding panoramic mountain views. There is an equipment barn on this tract.
Tract 9: Breathtaking views of the mountains and Claytor Lake are available on this 57.98± acre tract used for hay production and grazing. There is a small stream. The parcel has 1,048± ft. of frontage on Worrell Road.
Tract 10: Tract 10 is partially wooded and has open areas used for hay production and grazing. The 57.37± acre parcel has 624± ft. of frontage on Worrell Road.
Directions to Property:
2231 Delton Rd., Draper VA 24324
From I-81 North: Take Exit 92 (Draper/State Rt. 658). At end of ramp, turn toward Draper. Go 0.3 mi. and turn right on Greenbriar Road (State Rt. 650). Go 1.6 mi. and turn left on Delton Road (State Rt. 658). Tract 6 (house tract) is 2.2 mi. on the right.
Directions to Sale Site:
Pulaski Train Station, 20 S. Washington Avenue, Pulaski, VA 24301.
From I-81: Take Exit 94 (Pulaski) and turn onto State Rt. 99 North toward Pulaski. Go 3.2 mi. and then left on Washington Avenue. Train Station is 0.1 mi. on left.
Any broker actively licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia whose agent properly registers the successful high bidder will be paid a two percent (2%) commission at settlement by the Seller. Registration must be on a Woltz & Associates, Inc. Broker Participation Application form and contain the name, address and signature of agent and prospect as well as Broker’s license number and Federal Tax ID number. The form must be received in the office of Woltz & Associates, Inc. by 12:00 noon on September 6, 2017. If prospect attends preview, agent must attend with prospect. Additionally, agent must attend sale and co-register with prospect on auction day. Only the first broker to register the high bidder will be paid a commission. Agents acting as principals, on behalf of licensed real estate agents, on behalf of family members, on behalf of entities in which they hold an ownership interest or who represent prospects who have had prior contact with Seller or Auction Company are not eligible.
Basic Terms & Conditions of Auction:
- REGISTRATION: Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. Registration begins at 1:00 PM. Please bring your driver’s license for identification.
- TERMS OF SALE: The property is being sold subject to Seller confirmation. All property is sold “AS IS, WHERE IS” and no warranty or representation, either expressed or implied, concerning the property is made by the Seller or the Auction Company. Each potential bidder is responsible for conducting his or her own independent inspections, investigations, inquiries and due diligence with respect to the property as they deem necessary or appropriate. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS: Announcements made on the day of sale take precedence over all prior communications, verbal and written, concerning this sale.
- BIDDING: Registered bidders may bid on individual tracts of land, any combination of individual tracts and the property in its entirety.
- BUYER’S PREMIUM: A Buyer’s Premium will be charged. The Buyer’s Premium is five percent (5%) of the high bid amount. The Buyer’s Premium will be added to the high bid amount to determine the sale price.
- DEPOSIT ON REAL ESTATE: Successful bidders will be required to pay a deposit in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the sale price (high bid plus Buyer’s Premium) on the day of sale. The deposit is payable by cashier’s check or pre-approved personal check made payable to Woltz & Associates, Inc. Escrow Account. Personal checks will be approved if the Buyer presents, at time of registration, a letter from its bank stating that the Buyer is a customer of the bank and that the account on which the check is drawn is in good standing.
- CLOSING DATE: The balance of the purchase price is due at settlement on or before October 23, 2017. This is a cash transaction and is not conditioned upon the bidder obtaining financing.
- TRANSFER OF TITLE: The Real Estate will be conveyed by general warranty deed free and clear of liens subject, however, to any rights of way, easements, covenants and restrictions of record
- AGENCY: THE AUCTION COMPANY AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES REPRESENT THE SELLER.
- BIDDER PACKETS: The Auction Company will have a Preliminary Bidder Packet available on the inspection days and upon request.
- BOUNDARY LINES: Boundaries shown on aerial photographs and topographical maps which are provided by the Auction Company as a courtesy to bidders are approximate.
- Aerial Photography
- Topographic Map
- Preliminary Real Estate Bidder Packet
- Soil Report - Auction Tract 1
- Soil Report - Auction Tract 2
- Soil Report - Auction Tract 3
- Soil Report - Auction Tract 4
- Soil Report - Auction Tract 5
- Soil Report - Auction Tract 7
- Soil Report - Auction Tract 8
- Soil Report - Auction Tract 9
- Soil Report - Auction Tract 10
- Broker Participation Form