South River Vineyard is an exceptional property offering a magnificent 5,000± sq. ft. home carefully sited with majestic and expansive views of the protected South River Valley. The 92.6± rural acres offer rolling meadows, mature forestland and a productive 5 acre vineyard with additional acreage ready to plant.
In constructing this home in 1992, the owners had a vision of a unique living space that captures the natural beauty of the rural South River Valley, yet blends naturally into the surrounding landscape. The elegant 5,000 sq. ft. executive retreat boasts an incredible flowing floor plan, traffic flow and living spaces. The home is a Deck House style of the highest quality, utilizing Douglas Fir, Mahogany, Pine and Cedar. The living level features a Master Suite, two baths, kitchen, living, dining, family and laundry rooms. The upper level has two bedrooms, bath and a loft area. The finished lower level has large, open living areas and a large office with built-in shelving, a half bath, wine cellar and storage room. The two car garage is suitable for large SUV’s and pickup trucks. This is a quiet and lovely setting where one can enjoy breathtaking sunrises and sunsets from the wraparound deck, screened porch or covered patio. This artisan home will inspire you! All rooms capture panoramic mountain views, seasonal color, radiating light and nature’s beauty, through soaring windows and ceilings.
The vineyard is situated at the ideal elevation of 800-900 feet above sea level, allowing for excellent air flow, frost protection and superior wine grape growing conditions. Five acres of mature grapes and two acres ready to plant produce Chardonnay, Petit Mensang and Viognier grapes currently supplying several nearby award winning wineries.
The Guest House/Caretakers Residence
The guest house (currently the farm managers residence) is nestled far off the main entry road. It has 925± sq. ft. of living space with two bedrooms, large kitchen/dining area, living room, plus one full bath, all on the upper level. The lower level has 925± sq. ft. serving as a shop and equipment storage, with large overhead doors. There is an additional full bath with shower on the lower level.
The rural and unspoiled natural beauty of this property and the surrounding countryside are what makes this a very special place. A combination of rolling pastureland, mature forest, ¼ acre pond, vineyard and spectacular views make this a highly desirable estate. This property and many of the surrounding properties are now protected with conservation easements which will insure the protection of the land and the magnificent views for generations to come. The conservation easement allows for a winery, supporting buildings for the vineyard and other agricultural uses. Also allowed is the expansion of existing homes plus the right to build an additional residence.
From Charlottesville, VA: Take Rt. 29 North and go West on Rt. 33, go right on Rt. 230, go left on Octonia Rd. to property on left. Address: 1677 Octonia Rd. Stanardsville, VA 22973
Just 25 miles from Charlottesville, 89 miles from Richmond and 105 miles from Washington D.C.
Bidders Information Packet
A Bidder’s Information Packet is available electronically via Drop Box, at the scheduled viewings, or by US mail. The Bidder’s Information Packet includes the Purchase and Sale Contract, preliminary commitment for title insurance, real estate tax bill, detailed property and local information, survey, and instructions for submitting your sealed bid.
Any appropriately licensed Virginia broker whose agent properly registers the successful high bidder will be paid a 2% commission based upon the High Bid, which does not include the Buyer’s Premium, at settlement. Applications must be on a Woltz & Associates, Inc. Broker Participation Application form and contain the name, address and signature of agent and prospect as well as the Broker’s license number and Federal Tax ID number. The form must be received in the office of Woltz & Associates, Inc. accompanying the Purchase and Sale Contract and Deposit. Agents acting as principals buying on their own account, on behalf of family members, other licensed real estate agents, or who represent prospects that have had prior contact with the Seller or Auction Company are not eligible.
Terms & Conditions of Sale
- TERMS OF SALE: This Auction is being conducted subject to the Terms and Conditions of Sale and the Purchase and Sale Contract.
- BIDDER’S INFORMATION PACKET: The detailed Bidder’s Information Packet (“Packet”) containing the Purchase and Sale Contract, title insurance commitment, survey, tax parcel information, aerial and topographic maps, bidding instructions and other detailed information is required to bid and is available free of charge from Auction Company at all open houses, via email, mail order, or at the offices of Woltz & Associates, Inc. (“Auction Company”) at 23 Franklin Road, SW, Roanoke, VA 24011.
- PROPERTY OFFERED SUBJECT TO SELLER CONFIRMATION: The Property is being offered by sealed bid auction subject to seller confirmation.
- BIDDING: The Property is being offered by sealed bid auction. To participate and bid in the auction, your fully executed and signed Purchase and Sale Contract (contained in the Bidder’s Information Packet) must be completed and delivered to Woltz & Associates, Inc. on or before 3:00 PM Eastern Time, Wednesday, March 29, 2017. The bids will be opened and the bidders placing the three highest bids will be notified by 10:00 AM on April 3, 2017 and given the opportunity to raise their bid to their highest bid by 3:00 PM, April 5, 2017.
- BUYER’S PREMIUM: An eight percent (8%) buyer’s premium must be added to the High Bid to determine the total Purchase Price.
- EARNEST MONEY DEPOSIT: A cashier’s check or wire transfer to Woltz & Associates, Inc. Escrow Account, (“Escrow Agent” as defined in the Purchase & Sale Contract) in the amount of $30,000 as Earnest Money Deposit (“Deposit”) is required to bid and must accompany the sealed bid. Contact Woltz & Associates, Inc. for wire transfer instructions. The Deposit shall be held by Escrow Agent during the bid consideration period, in accordance with the terms of the Purchase and Sale Contract, or returned to the bidder if the bid is not accepted. The initial Deposit must be increased to ten percent (10%) of the Total Purchase Price within three business days following the Seller’s acceptance of the bid. All Deposits on offers not accepted will be return mailed to the respective bidders by April 10, 2017 with time allowed for mail delivery.
- BID OPENING: Bids will be opened at the offices of Woltz & Associates, Inc. located at 23 Franklin Road, SW, Roanoke, Virginia 24011 at 3:00 PM Eastern Time on Wednesday March 29, 2017. The bidders placing the three highest bids will be notified by 10:00 AM on April 3 that they are entitled to enter the final round of bidding and raise their bid to their highest bid by 3:00 PM on April 5, 2017. The bids will be opened at the offices of Woltz & Associates, Inc. immediately thereafter.
- TIE BIDS: In the event of any tie bids, Seller may accept the bid of Seller’s choice, or Seller may elect to give the tie bidders the opportunity to raise their bid to their highest bid by 3:00 PM, April 7, 2017.
- NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTED BIDS: The successful bidder will be notified by 5:00 PM Eastern Time on Friday, April 7, 2017. All bids must remain irrevocable by the bidders until this time.
- SETTLEMENT: Seller will prepare, and Buyer(s) will accept, a General Warranty Deed. Buyer and Seller shall pay their own Settlement costs as is customary in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Each party will be responsible for its own attorneys’ fees. Seller is providing a commitment for title insurance prepared by Fidelity National Title Insurance Co. If Buyer elects to purchase title insurance, the title insurance premium shall be at the Buyer’s expense. All Property shall be conveyed per the Property Description in the Commitment for Title Insurance and buyer shall obtain possession at Settlement. The Settlement date shall be on or before May 16, 2017.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL: All property is auctioned “AS IS, WHERE IS” with all faults in its condition at the time of sale without recourse by way of refund, reduction of the purchase price, or otherwise. Bidders should perform such independent investigation with respect to the property as they deem necessary or appropriate.
- FINANCING: Your bidding and purchase of the property is not conditional upon financing. Be sure you have arranged financing, if needed, and are capable of paying cash at Settlement.
- AGENCY: Woltz & Associates, Inc., licensed Virginia Real Estate Broker and Auctioneer, and all licensees employed by or associated with Woltz & Associates, Inc. or Fine & Company, LLC (“Marketing Consultant”) who are involved with this auction, represent the Seller in this real estate transaction.
- BOUNDARY LINES: Boundaries on aerial photos and topo maps are approximate.
- GENERAL: The information contained in this brochure and otherwise provided by Seller and Auction Company is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its
accuracy, error, or omissions is assumed by the Seller or Auction Company.
- QUESTIONS: Sale-related questions should be directed to: Charlie Wade email@example.com or Boyd Temple firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone 800-551-3588.